Wolfman Box Office so far

Started by Wolf Man, February 24, 2010, 09:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Man

As of February 22 Wolfman has made $51,106,535 Domestic Total.  With a cost of 125 million it looks like it should make a decent profit in the long run. 

Lets hope so because any chance of a sequel or more Universal Monsters hitting the screen are kind of depending on it. 

May the power of the Wolfman be with us all. 
Even a man who is pure at heart......

Jscareshock

While the numbers are impressive, I read somewhere that a movie must make twice its cost to be profitable.  SO they have a long way to go.

Creature Features

Currently up to $97,806,535 worldwide...
"It's Alive...oh, It's Alive! It's Alive, It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!"

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Wolf Man on February 24, 2010, 09:18:39 AM
As of February 22 Wolfman has made $51,106,535 Domestic Total.  With a cost of 125 million it looks like it should make a decent profit in the long run. 

Lets hope so because any chance of a sequel or more Universal Monsters hitting the screen are kind of depending on it. 

May the power of the Wolfman be with us all. 

I don't recall what it realized Domestically for opening weekend, or if it met their expectations, but in the Box office world and life of a film, a movie is usually regarded as doing well, if there is a less than a 50% fall off from opening week, which I think this shows. Usually means film might have legs, and word of mouth for a longer box office life will be a big catalyst in decision making.

Japan and the Eastern European block are big horror box offices, so it should be a tell based on how Wolf Man does there.

OG
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

kklloo

I think the Wolfman would have made more money if it was released in October rather than Feb 14th. Also, IMDB has teh budget listed at 85 million but they could be wrong and it is estimated.

Sal

Opera Ghost

Quote from: kklloo on February 24, 2010, 02:31:26 PM
   I think the Wolfman would have made more money if it was released in October rather than Feb 14th. Also, IMDB has teh budget listed at 85 million but they could be wrong and it is estimated.

Sal

Last I heard budget was at $115 M, but then LA Times indicated something like $150M in an article which came out I believe the week that it opened.

OG
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

kreaturekid

Adam Dougherty

facebook.com/kreaturekid

depressedlarrytalbot

$150M, good grief. Where does all the money go?

Anton Phibes

Quote from: depressedlarrytalbot on February 25, 2010, 04:18:10 PM
$150M, good grief. Where does all the money go?

To countless re-edits of course. ;) ;D

Wolf Man

The totals keep climbing.  Once the DVD is released that will push the profits even higher.  Lets hope the better this does the more it encourages Universal to make sequels and more monster flicks. 

Good reports everyone..... keep em coming

Wolf Man

As of March 4 the new totals are:
Domestic - $58,809,485
Foreign - $66,746,568
Worldwide total - $125,556,053
In release 21 days/3 weeks with a budget of $150 million

Crazy1van

It's encouraging, but will it look that way to Universal?  They won't even market the movie within their own theme parks!  Yeah, I know they blew that wad last Halloween, in anticipation of a previously scheduled release, but come n; let's roll with the punches and make it possible to make a profit!  By not adjusting the marketing to the movie release, they've doomed us all!!

Seriously, would it have been so hard to release Blu-Ray versions of the Wolf Man Legacy set on conjunction with the theatrical release of the new film?  I just found Jack Nickleson and Paul Naschy werewolf movies on Blu-Ray, but no Chaney!  Missing an opportunity here!
Homo homini lupus
"Man is a wolf to man"

http://www.pjfarmer.com/woldnewton/Talbot.pdf

Dr.Teufel Geist

not bad...but "Alice in wonderland" brought in $41 million on the first day.....who knows how much it will bring in total,I expect big numbers

Gasport

Wolfman also shot itself in the foot with the R rating...still don't understand why that was necessary and it seriously limited who could attend.

jimm

Honestly didn't seem R worthy to me