Newer Godzilla films.

Started by Dr Spankenstein, June 20, 2012, 07:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_ghidorah

Gammera the Invincible is the US version of Gamera The Giant Monster.

Daimajin is a series of films about a giant, angry god that smashes villages in feudal Japan. 

Dr Spankenstein

Quote from: king_ghidorah on August 06, 2012, 05:40:30 AM
Gammera the Invincible is the US version of Gamera The Giant Monster.

Daimajin is a series of films about a giant, angry god that smashes villages in feudal Japan.

Sounds cool, I'll check it out! 

Dr Spankenstein

I watched Toyko SOS a few nights ago.  My only complaint was that all the action took place at once, during the final third of the movie.  I would have preferred more, shorter action sequences, than one long one. 

The only film from the Millenium series I haven't seen yet is Godzilla vs Megaguirus. 

king_ghidorah

Quote from: Dr Spankenstein on August 08, 2012, 07:19:35 AM
I watched Toyko SOS a few nights ago.  My only complaint was that all the action took place at once, during the final third of the movie.  I would have preferred more, shorter action sequences, than one long one. 

The only film from the Millenium series I haven't seen yet is Godzilla vs Megaguirus.

I hate Godzilla vs. Megaguirus lol

Dr Spankenstein

Quote from: king_ghidorah on August 10, 2012, 05:48:57 AM

I hate Godzilla vs. Megaguirus lol

What didn't you like about it?  Is it worth watching or should I skip over it?

king_ghidorah

Quote from: Dr Spankenstein on August 10, 2012, 07:15:33 AM
What didn't you like about it?  Is it worth watching or should I skip over it?

Well, I'll always have to watch any new Godzilla movie so yeah...I'd say it's worth watching but honestly lol.  If you're not THAT big of a fan then skip it.  But you might have a different prefence than me so to help...I'll list some of my favorite Godzilla films.

Godzilla King of the Monsters (American version)
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Ghidrah The Three Headed Monster
Son of Godzilla
Godzilla vs. Gigan
Godzilla 1985
Godzilla vs. Biollante

Movies I hate...

Godzilla Final Wars
Godzilla vs. Megaguirus
Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla

Dr Spankenstein

I liked Final Wars.  I found it pretty silly and ridiculous at times, but overall I thought it was a fun movie.  Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla was ok.  I thought Godzilla vs Destroyer was a much better film.

king_ghidorah

Quote from: Dr Spankenstein on August 12, 2012, 11:55:23 AM
I liked Final Wars.  I found it pretty silly and ridiculous at times, but overall I thought it was a fun movie.  Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla was ok.  I thought Godzilla vs Destroyer was a much better film.

Lol.  Yeah then, check out some of the movies I don't like I guess.  Final Wars remains one of, if not THE, film I hate the most in life.  If you liked it then you might have very diff tastes in G films than me and that's ok  ;)

Dr Spankenstein

Quote from: king_ghidorah on August 12, 2012, 09:31:55 PM
Lol.  Yeah then, check out some of the movies I don't like I guess.  Final Wars remains one of, if not THE, film I hate the most in life.  If you liked it then you might have very diff tastes in G films than me and that's ok  ;)

The fan reaction to Final Wars is so divided.  I've talk to some people who consider that to me one of their favorite Godzilla movies, and others absolutly can't stand it. 

Count_Zirock

Don't know if anyone has posted this in here yet, but...
GODZILLA VS. THOMAS KINKADE

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Haunted hearse

Quote from: Count_Zirock on August 26, 2012, 04:34:48 PM
Don't know if anyone has posted this in here yet, but...
GODZILLA VS. THOMAS KINKADE

At last, someone has found a way to make Kincaid paintings interesting.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Robert W

Out of the post 70s flicks, I'd have to say my fav Godzilla flick is Godzilla 2000. Too bad this hasn't had a decent R1 release, because it's quite an enjoyable flick. Also think this flick sports the best Godzilla suit ever.