Wolf Man Revealed!

Started by ProfGriffin, March 20, 2008, 08:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfGriffin

MFTV editor Jim Clatterberg posted the link to these photos in Classic Monster Movies...
But since it's technically a modern monster movie...I am reposting the photos here.

Ladies and Gentlemen...

The Wolf Man.

Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

Gareee

Only thing I think I dislike are his teeth are a little too large. Rick Baker's working on it though, and I trust him 100%!

fmofmpls

That's a bad ass Wolf Man. I'm a believer. Where's the silver bullets?
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Gareee

I just hope we get to see him romp through some nice moody fog ridden woodlands.

ProfGriffin

Quote from: Gareee on March 20, 2008, 01:26:49 PM
I just hope we get to see him romp through some nice moody fog ridden woodlands.

If you haven't already, read the EW interview with Baker.  Our brother Rick preaches it with talk of gypsy camps, and fog shrouded forrests.
I have some serious good vibes here...I am waving the flag. 
PLEASE Universal (Joe Johnston) don't beat me on the head with a silver topped cane.

Please?

Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

neonnoodle

Very nicely done, to be sure!  (As expected, of course!)  For me, the nicest thing about it is that refreshingly old-school approach.  It really is a modern redesign of Jack Pierce's makeup, and it has a lot of charm.  I also  have good feelings about this film.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Tom Smith Monsternut

I'm really looking forward to it to. ;D
Rick Baker is a genius !
Best..
tom

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

Universal Steve

Don't get me wrong, I like Rick Bakers makeup work. If he works out the teeth problem it would look pretty good. I am not a fan of remakes expecially the Universal Monster ones and I am not sure about the R rating it is going to get. I'll just wait and see how it turns out.

Universal Steve
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Gareee

Found another image Rick posted elsewhere...

Crazy1van

I believe I read somewhere that the transformation will be done withou CGI.  Over-all, this seems like as much a tribute to the original as i is a remake.  Here's hoping it heralds a snoutless werewolf renaissance.  ;D
Homo homini lupus
"Man is a wolf to man"

http://www.pjfarmer.com/woldnewton/Talbot.pdf

fryinpan1

San Diego Comic-Con

Friday, July 25:

2:00-2:30 Universal: The Wolfman— For its upcoming action-horror film The Wolfman, Universal will showcase new footage and a presentation from the title monster's creator, six-time Oscar-winning special effects artist Rick Baker. Hall H
Danny

Mr Talbot

After Dark Knight and Hellboy 2, Trick r Treat and Wolf Man are my new obsession!

fryinpan1

Danny

ProfGriffin

Ok....I am so excited about this film!!!!!

Re:  The funeral picture above...

See Larry Talbot and Sir John at a funeral...(Jenny Williams?  The Gravedigger?)
See the silver-headed cane in Larry's hand!

Oh man oh man....I cannot wait. 
Full cast?  Oh sure...why not?

In addition to Larry and Sir. John...we have...

Maleva...played by Geraldine Chaplin

Col. Montford played by Nicholas Day

Gwen Conliffe played by Emily Blunt.
And here's another picture of Ms. Blunt...

Hugo Weaving is on board as Det. Aberline.  Det. Aberline?  The real life Scotland Yard Detective who was famous for high profile murder cases like Jack The Ripper?  Yeah, apparently so.
I notice a Prostitute in the cast list...is Llanwelly more 'sinful' than usual? Or are we actually in London proper this time?
Perhaps Talbot (in hirsute form) travels to London one night in his romps.
Who knows?

Finally this interesting bit of casting.

Olga Fedori as Maleva's Daughter.
Maleva's Daughter????  Hmmmm. Maybe the wolf that bites Larry on the Moors is not a son but a daughter this time?
There is a character named Singh...played by Art Malik...and while I have no idea WHO he is...I thought he might be Maleva's son.  (But they kept all the original names...why change Bela?)

Art Malik as Singh.

We know SOME changes are made.  The time period is earlier and some of the characters are missing (notably Frank Andrews).  There IS a Dr. Lloyd in the cast and quite a few Gypsies.

I've got nothing but high hopes for this.
Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

mike c

THANK YOU Professor G., great pics, and a very concise update for  'Net-surf-time-challenged folks like me, haha! Wonderful stuff. I DO wish they'd have used the Bela name (is Maleva's daughter maybe named Bella? Would be a nice nod, anyway!)... anyway thanks for the pics and info. NOTHING will ever touch our beloved Lon Jr. classic but it's nice to see actual care and respect being shown by a studio.

Mike C.