Are you bored of SAW?

Started by BlackLagoon, August 23, 2010, 07:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaronLatos35

I agree with Lester, the first one was different and shocking. I never saw past part two. I was bored during part two. Like others here, I have no interest in these kind of movies.

As always, to each their own.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Wicked Lester on August 24, 2010, 05:41:08 AM
You mean you're not going to see Saw 3-D? ;)

I know that was a rhetorical question. But no way am seeing that crappy
movie. nOPE!!!!! ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

I hope you guys realize that I absolutely said Stryper as a joke.

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Mord on August 25, 2010, 03:44:52 PM
I hope you guys realize that I absolutely said Stryper as a joke.

Yes,yes I did. Because Stryper was a joke.

Just in case you might want to see what they up to these days.
http://www.stryper.com/ ;)

Scatter

Quote from: Wicked Lester on August 24, 2010, 05:58:19 PM
I think it really comes down to what you are into. I LOVE possession/demon/ghost/"There is something evil in the dark" movies aside from that I prefer MONSTERS. That is why I am a MONSTER kid. Be it werewolves/zombies/Frankensteins monster/Ymir/big bugs/vampires/bigfoot etc etc,ya know where I'm comin from. The torture/high gore movies for shock value have no merit for me and honestly I think they are meant for lower IQ sheepies that don't know what a real horror movie is.

What he said. But I guess that makes us anti-gorno prudes, eh??
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Scatter

Quote from: Wicked Lester on August 24, 2010, 07:02:05 PM
Stryper were hypocrite posers. You gotta know that. Tossin bibles in the crowd then drinkin and bangin babes behind the scenes. Yea,hypocrite posers.. AND their music SUCKED! >:D

Stryper........good grief, was there anything ever more barf-inducing??

LaettnersLegacy

Quote from: Scatter on August 25, 2010, 07:36:10 PM
Stryper........good grief, was there anything ever more barf-inducing??

Hansen
"This is my left foot. This is my right foot. These are both my feet"

Mord

In their day, the Universal monster films were looked down upon in the same way the so-called "gorno" films are today. If you read any original film reviews from the thirties, they absolutely trashed now-classic films like "The Mummy" and "The Black Cat" etc. for being vile and appealing to people with "lower IQs". I personally prefer the classic, beautifully-mounted, gothic films of the 30s and 40s (like the Val Lewton films), BUT that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy the current, far more violent films of today and resent having my IQ questioned. Some of those films are very well done by some absolutely brilliant film makers. I'm not some dopey kid who just discovered "Saw". I've loved horror films for over 40 years and have been able to appreciate many different styles of horror. Siskel and Ebert were demonized for liking Carpenter's "Halloween" when it first came out and now you hear that film mentioned in the same breath as any other classic. I do believe that some of the original horror-masters would have pushed the envelope a little further if it weren't for some of the prudish attitudes of the time. There's nothing wrong with a little blood and nudity from time to time.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Wicked Lester on August 25, 2010, 04:39:47 PM
Yes,yes I did. Because Stryper was a joke.

Just in case you might want to see what they up to these days.
http://www.stryper.com/ ;)

I can not believe Stryper is still active and performing! F*****G, Wow!!!!!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Scatter

Quote from: Mord on August 26, 2010, 02:56:24 PM
In their day, the Universal monster films were looked down upon in the same way the so-called "gorno" films are today. If you read any original film reviews from the thirties, they absolutely trashed now-classic films like "The Mummy" and "The Black Cat" etc. for being vile and appealing to people with "lower IQs". I personally prefer the classic, beautifully-mounted, gothic films of the 30s and 40s (like the Val Lewton films), BUT that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy the current, far more violent films of today and resent having my IQ questioned. Some of those films are very well done by some absolutely brilliant film makers. I'm not some dopey kid who just discovered "Saw". I've loved horror films for over 40 years and have been able to appreciate many different styles of horror. Siskel and Ebert were demonized for liking Carpenter's "Halloween" when it first came out and now you hear that film mentioned in the same breath as any other classic. I do believe that some of the original horror-masters would have pushed the envelope a little further if it weren't for some of the prudish attitudes of the time. There's nothing wrong with a little blood and nudity from time to time.

I'm betting the poster in question was equally resentful that you called those who dislike SAW "prudes". Pot, meet kettle.

Scatter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 26, 2010, 02:59:02 PM

I can not believe Stryper is still active and performing! F*****G, Wow!!!!!!!

Keanu Reeves is still active and performing, so anything is possible.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Scatter on August 26, 2010, 03:06:41 PM

Wow!!!! Another shocker!!!! ;)

zombiehorror

Quote from: Scatter on August 26, 2010, 03:06:41 PM

Don't you mean he's still "wooden" and performing?

marsattacks666

Quote from: zombiehorror on August 26, 2010, 03:16:03 PM

More like Deadpan.....or Robotic

Scatter

Quote from: zombiehorror on August 26, 2010, 03:16:03 PM

Don't you mean "wooden" and "taking up valuable airspace"??