Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Count Zachula on September 26, 2020, 12:26:02 PM
No doubt its gonna be series 3 of the monsters.

I doubt it.

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 27, 2020, 12:38:07 PM
And the Universal Monsters "Soapies"?

I doubt this too.

I don't know for certain, I just don't think these are teed up at the moment.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Buzzybean

I'd like to see company make some boss looking monster vacuform displays. 9x12 or so 3-D plastic wall displays featuring all of the Universal Monsters!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Buzzybean on September 29, 2020, 02:06:34 AM
I'd like to see company make some boss looking monster vacuform displays. 9x12 or so 3-D plastic wall displays featuring all of the Universal Monsters!

Retro-a-go-go has those Munsters ones.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 29, 2020, 12:39:01 PM

Those too, look great on my wall. I recommend buying the set.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Ya Know, I could really go for an EC Horror Hosts ReAction set. 3 figures. Maybe 4 if you include Druscilla. If they did well enough, maybe a series 2 with zombies, werewolves and such. Could you imagine a set of those cards with the EC characters? These characters are getting lost in the shuffle of modern pop culture. Don't want them getting forgot, now do we?

Buzzybean

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 29, 2020, 12:39:01 PM

I bought Lilly and Grandpa. Those are real cool.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 29, 2020, 04:36:30 PM
Ya Know, I could really go for an EC Horror Hosts ReAction set. 3 figures. Maybe 4 if you include Druscilla. If they did well enough, maybe a series 2 with zombies, werewolves and such. Could you imagine a set of those cards with the EC characters? These characters are getting lost in the shuffle of modern pop culture. Don't want them getting forgot, now do we?

That would be awesome to have EC figures. At least there are some masks produced. Not totally forgotten.

VulcansFury

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 28, 2020, 09:14:18 AM

Variants I can handle. They can make as much of that stuff as they want. If the main line ever becomes more difficult to get....then I will split. Good to know.

Ever since they hired their new marketing director (and raised their prices) they've been pumping out more stuff. They just got 2 unannounced figures to Target of all places! (Retro 5poa paint variants of Transformers Megatron (chrome) and Optimus Prime ("Dead" grey-scale)) Sadly still at $18 even at retail. I'm getting constant emails from them promoting their old stock. I feel they want to keep the UM "evergreen" and always available, I feel like it's only a matter of time before we see the older waves at the Target & Wal Mart "collector" sections. They already have their foot in the door now.

While I already have wave 1 & 2, I'd be thrilled to see these at retail. Let the kids find them and get exposed to them, same as I was with Remco back in the day. Patiently waiting for wave 3, and really hoping we get a wave 4 & beyond.

STILL not thrilled that there has been NO word on The Munsters - whether we'll get more than just the three figures shown. Need the entire family, and want a Zombo and Uncle Gil.

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: VulcansFury on September 30, 2020, 09:56:25 PM
STILL not thrilled that there has been NO word on The Munsters - whether we'll get more than just the three figures shown. Need the entire family, and want a Zombo and Uncle Gil.

Have they promoted the Munsters? I know shots from Halloween Party Expo and Toy Fair went out, but if S7 has publicly announced them I'd love to see the press release.

That said, from what I've seen, Herman, Lilly, and Grandpa are currently slated for Feb - March 2021.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Monsters For Sale

Lily has Bea Arthur's face and the arms of a wrestler.

ADAM

fearliath

Those Remco style card backs for The glow Hitchcock, Nosferatu, Toxie & Maria are pretty awesome. They did that a few years ago for a Crimson Ghost figure. I'm beyond surprised they haven't done glow versions with that card back for their UM figures.

VulcansFury

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 13, 2020, 01:51:24 PM
Lily has Bea Arthur's face and the arms of a wrestler.

Well, it's a drawing not the actual figure. BUT note the arm holes on that cape! Somebody messed that up, either it won't fit or will be massively larger than the cardback! I guess whomever does QC on the control art was asleep at the wheel.