Here's The Trailer For NBC's Dracula Series & Coming this fall

Started by emazers, May 13, 2013, 02:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illoman

Since the Count is European I would expect a European accent. Other than that, at least they're getting the character out there in front of people which is a good thing. Although I've never seen it, my daughter loves Downton Abbey and if the same folks who produced that are doing this that's probably a good thing as well.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

aura of foreboding

Quote from: marsattacks666 on May 14, 2013, 03:38:43 AM
The trailer for the show seems pretty interesting.

I though the same thing, though Dracula's voice is not deep enough imo.

horror1o1

I'm gonna be the negative nancy and say i think they turned the count into a little girl. I find elements interesting and other elements i find lame. I think they missed the mark to make something great but we'll see.
It's all about the Horror.

Count_Zirock

No, sorry, but this isn't "Dracula." It could end up being a very good vampire drama, but they should've created a new vampire character that fit into this story, instead of changing Dracula to fit their needs. Then, he ceases to be Dracula, anyway. "Forever Knight" is a great example of a vampire series created from whole cloth (even if the original pilot film, "Nick Knight," was pretty lame).
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

horror1o1

Quote from: Count_Zirock on May 15, 2013, 12:44:15 AM
No, sorry, but this isn't "Dracula." It could end up being a very good vampire drama, but they should've created a new vampire character that fit into this story, instead of changing Dracula to fit their needs. Then, he ceases to be Dracula, anyway. "Forever Knight" is a great example of a vampire series created from whole cloth (even if the original pilot film, "Nick Knight," was pretty lame).

remember the tv series Werwolf? That was pretty cool
It's all about the Horror.

aura of foreboding

No, sorry, but this isn't "Dracula."

Did you expect it would be?  I was basically expecting what I saw in the trailer.  After Bates Motel, I've come to accept that we'll never get anything on-par with the originals again...   :'(

Haunted hearse

There have been different versions of Dracula, some better than others, but how can one say this isn't Dracula?  Lugois, Lee, Langella, Oldman, have all played Dracula, and there have been huge differances in their interpertation of the role.  This may not even be a good interpetation of the role, but considering how many different ways Stoker's Count has been played by different players, I think it's enough to say that one doesn't like this actor is playing the part.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Phantom Stranger

I'm a Dracula fanatic and I'll give the series a try, but it looks like their going for the Francis Coppalla style vampire than the actual Bram Stoker model.Still, it might be fun. So long as it dosen't suck Zombie LOL.....ok i'm sorry for that one)

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Phantom Stranger on May 16, 2013, 06:22:55 PM
I'm a Dracula fanatic and I'll give the series a try, but it looks like their going for the Francis Coppalla style vampire than the actual Bram Stoker model.

My thoughts exactly.  Since this is Universal, they have to do something that is distinctly not Universal.   ;D

Count_Zirock

Quote from: horror1o1 on May 15, 2013, 05:52:55 AMremember the tv series Werwolf? That was pretty cool
Well, that was Fox. They couldn't do "The Wolf Man: The Series," even though "Werewolf" came pretty close. They changed up a few parts of werewolf folklore, including the bit about killing the head of the bloodline to end the curse.

I don't expect a "Dracula" series to just be a long-form adaptation of Stoker's novel. There would need to be some changes. But, this looks more like Steampunk Tony Stark: Vampire, than "Dracula." I'd like some Dracula with my Dracula! Just like I would have appreciated some Barnabas Collins with my "Dark Shadows." Warner Bros., Burton, and Depp felt otherwise.

aura of foreboding

What intrigues me about this show is the fact that the following names appear in the character list on IMDB: Lady Jane and Mr. Browning.  How cool is that? 

Count_Zirock

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 17, 2013, 06:26:40 PM
What intrigues me about this show is the fact that the following names appear in the character list on IMDB: Lady Jane and Mr. Browning.  How cool is that?
Not very, if the show stinks on ice.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Big Bad Wolf

Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...