COLLECTION CORNER!!

Started by jupiter2, September 30, 2019, 12:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Masksalot

Quote from: jupiter2 on June 26, 2022, 03:54:41 PM
Ghoulish Productions "King of Crows"

We have a noisy flock of crows that visits our neighborhood early every morning.
Whenever I hear them cawing, I'll think of your scary new mask.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Doh!

jupiter2

Collection Corner #88
Trick or Treat Studios "Halloween 2018 Michael Myers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw-jYjL7QY

https://youtu.be/dQw-jYjL7QY

Sir Masksalot

Quote from: jupiter2 on August 07, 2022, 06:19:56 PM
Collection Corner #88 Trick or Treat Studios "Halloween 2018 Michael Myers"

Thanks for the in-depth review, jupiter2.
It is beyond exciting to have any production mask cast from the movie original.
ToTS deserves high praise for going that extra mile to please Halloween's legion
of fans.  As to the movies, the only ones I ever watched were the first one
from 1978 and Season of the Witch. Has it ever been explained why
Michael Myers is so indestructible?

Doh!

Another fine review, jupiter! I have one of these as well, but my neck is at least 1/4" shorter than yours. The scars line up otherwise, but whomever trimmed my copy before shipping went overboard. I thought the movie was just sort of OK (not scary was my main quibble), but its follow-up was just dreadful! Assuming the new one goes right to Peacock, I'm unlikely to ever see it. I have no desire to spend any additional money on this franchise.

I really wished they had left Myters for dead after the second film. None of its sequels are very good (but I do love me some Halloween III).

jupiter2

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on August 07, 2022, 08:13:43 PM
Thanks for the in-depth review, jupiter2.
It is beyond exciting to have any production mask cast from the movie original.
ToTS deserves high praise for going that extra mile to please Halloween's legion
of fans.  As to the movies, the only ones I ever watched were the first one
from 1978 and Season of the Witch. Has it ever been explained why
Michael Myers is so indestructible?

Well...I like the early suggestion that he is pure evil and evil cannot be destroyed. However, there is a controversial (i.e. corny) bit of lore introduced in "Halloween - The Curse of Michel Myers", the sixth installment chronologically. That is that Michael is part of "The Cult Of Thorn", an ancient druid cult. Yes, really.  ;D
From Screenrant:
"The Cult of Thorn have been around for thousands of years and, in order to preserve their society and keep their tribes alive, they place the Curse of Thorn on an unsuspecting child who is then compelled to kill their whole family on Halloween night."

jupiter2

Quote from: Doh! on August 08, 2022, 12:12:52 AM
Another fine review, jupiter! I have one of these as well, but my neck is at least 1/4" shorter than yours. The scars line up otherwise, but whomever trimmed my copy before shipping went overboard. I thought the movie was just sort of OK (not scary was my main quibble), but its follow-up was just dreadful! Assuming the new one goes right to Peacock, I'm unlikely to ever see it. I have no desire to spend any additional money on this franchise.

I really wished they had left Myters for dead after the second film. None of its sequels are very good (but I do love me some Halloween III).

Thank you! And yes, I agree the movies can be hit or miss, that's for sure.

jupiter2

A viewer on Youtube just pointed out an error in one of the Halloween timelines that I described in the above video. I somehow skipped Halloween II in the second timeline, between the 1978 original and H2O. I didn't even notice that during editing. :-[
I added some text to the video to note the oversight.

I may be the only one that cares, but it is a bit embarrassing. Those Halloween movie experts know every detail.  :)

Sir Masksalot

Quote from: jupiter2 on August 11, 2022, 01:34:39 PM
I added some text to the video to note the oversight. I may be the only one that cares

I'm a stickler for accuracy myself so the revision is appreciated.

I acquired some pics of Michael Myers this week. Can you
tell me which of the movies this mask style was used in?

jupiter2

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on August 11, 2022, 10:18:41 PM
I'm a stickler for accuracy myself so the revision is appreciated.

I acquired some pics of Michael Myers this week. Can you
tell me which of the movies this mask style was used in?

I believe that would be from the Rob Zombie directed "Halloween II"

jupiter2

Sir Masksalot

Quote from: jupiter2 on February 20, 2023, 09:29:22 PM
Collection Corner #89
2010 Don Post Studios "Show Stopper"

Haha, they sure came up with some bizarre concepts towards the end. I was trying to
figure out where the vision slits are on "ShowStopper" until you pointed them out at
around twelve minutes in. 'Fun review and how excellent that you got DPS alumni to
participate. I have a photo of your mask's designer Mark Tavares with a painting he
created for Don Post's retirement party ten years ago >

jupiter2

What a great pic, Sir Masksalot! And a very cool painting too. Thank you for sharing!