Started by Gory Glenn, June 04, 2015, 12:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeynines

How many of them are really out there?
Joe

toysfortheages

Quote from: Joeynines on June 11, 2015, 09:15:26 PM
How many of them are really out there?

Maybe we need a speaker head registry?  To the best of my knowledge, here are the boxed examples I'm aware of:

Mine (ex-Mike S.)
Bob M.
Sam (sold recently, ex-Mark Karpinsky?)
Bryan (sold last year, ex-Danny?)
A certain lead guitarist. 
Example sold on Ebay by Chic-A-Boom approx. 5 yrs ago.

Can anyone add to this list?

Hepcat

Plus however many more there are in private collections that haven't come to public market for many years.

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monster Bob

I have sold at least 6 loose heads in the past, but I have only ever crossed paths with one box in the wild (the one I own), and not counting "ebay" ones, more recently, that I "could have owned" for a price.

I know Mark Karpinski had two boxed ones years ago, and where they went I can't remember.

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 04, 2015, 08:20:36 PMIt is the people who charge $10 $20 for shipping for a multi-$1000 item that should be made fun of!

I agree! Here's Monster Bob's Frankenstein Head Speaker unobscured:

cl:)

BigShadow

What does a loose one go for without a box? What about a complete speaker and box? How much just for the box? I can't seem to find any prices. Just interested in what they're worth. I see a few custom and newer retro-style ones on Ebay.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

John Pertwee

I have seen speculation that a complete one with box would go for at least 10 Grand.

Hepcat

Quote from: BigShadow on April 06, 2024, 11:21:52 PMWhat does a loose one go for without a box? What about a complete speaker and box? How much just for the box?

I suspect that an Ex/NM box would fetch substantially more than the speaker itself. And that's despite the fact that any hi-fi buff requires two speakers for his stereo because mono just won't do once you experience the sound separation of stereo.

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on June 12, 2015, 12:28:56 PMMaybe we need a speaker head registry?  To the best of my knowledge, here are the boxed examples I'm aware of:

Mine (ex-Mike S.)
Bob M.
Sam (sold recently, ex-Mark Karpinsky?)
Bryan (sold last year, ex-Danny?)
A certain lead guitarist. 
Example sold on Ebay by Chic-A-Boom approx. 5 yrs ago.

Can anyone add to this list?

Plus however many more there are in private collections that haven't come to public market for many years.

I really do suspect that the quantity in private collections absolutely dwarfs the number classified as "known".

BigShadow

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 07, 2024, 12:01:12 AM
If you have to ask . . .  ;D

I have a $7.00 bill, half a ham sandwich, one shoestring, and a bar of soap....will that cover it? Haha
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

Mike Scott

Quote from: BigShadow on April 07, 2024, 03:02:59 PM
I have a $7.00 bill

If you have a $7.00 bill, you can just through it in the trash.
CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

If BigShadow has a $7 bill that somehow escaped from the U.S. Mint as an error, he's rich beyond the dreams of avarice. It would fetch mega millions$ at auction.

;)

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on April 07, 2024, 04:25:46 PM
If BigShadow has a $7 bill that somehow escaped from the U.S. Mint as an error

I don't think you can misprint a 1, or a 10 into a 7.  ;D
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

There are two versions of the Frankenstein Speaker.  One has full paint on the face - a light spray that looks like he is wearing makeup.  The other has paint only on the hair, eyes lips and scars - basically two colors black and red.

Easy to tell them apart the one wearing makeup is a lighter green, while the naked face is much darker.

I have one of the Speaker Heads without makeup.  I think they look better, because the lightly sprayed faces usually have paint that is scratched off (like the Clinton Strange Buckets) with a lot rubbed off the end of the nose.  The naked faced Speakers don't have that worn look.

I have the Speaker that used to belong to ToyRanch.  It is in great condition.  I paid $2500.00 for it a few years ago.  It still has its original wire, but no box.

ADAM