Caddyshack

Started by BlackLagoon, June 28, 2012, 12:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackLagoon

Easily one of my all time favorite comedies and I quote it almost daily. (Pretty sure the group in front of me at the last Par 3 was officially annoyed  ;D)

I just read that all of Bill Murray's lines were unscripted and he was done with production in just 6 days!  All these years later and still learning more about Bushwood.

Anyone else a fan??
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Sean

Huge fan.  I enjoyed a 'behind the scenes' show they did recently.  Great stuff.  One of the most quotable movies ever.

general gruesome

Caddyshack is one of my favorite comedy films of all-time! I never get tired of watching it!  Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Ted Knight, and tons of other great comedy actors

A great part of Caddyshack featuring Bill Murray and Henry Wilcoxon

Caddy Shack - Rat Farts

LundyAfterMidnight

It's a modern comedy classic, up there w/Animal House & Fast Times At Ridgemont High.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

general gruesome

Caddyshack
Animal House
The Jerk
Meatballs

These are four films that I watch all the time. These are for sure in my top comedy films of all-time

BlackLagoon

From begining to end, Dangerfield's scene at the country club is 100% comedy gold. I can't even think about it without laughing...1st of all his suit alone is obnoxious, the fact that he calls a Priest, Rabbi...he farts, degrades the food,  calls Judge Smails "Captain Hook", has a few one liners that can't be beat "Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it." and "Dance of the living dead" to name a few.

Finally--my all time favorite is when he cuts in with Smail's wife, that split second when Ted Knight is still smiling and goes "What?" --in an eyeblink his face changes when Al is dancing with his wife--"Wanna earn 14 dollars...the hard way?" LOL!!! I have no idea how the crew even got through that scene!

It's also a movie I tend to watch around Feb. When I've had enough of winter, have some cabin fever going etc...It's a good movie for a laugh and to see the nice spring/summer scenery.
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

depressedlarrytalbot

But avoid CADDYSHACK II, one of the most unfunny and brutally mean-spirited 'comedies' I'd ever seen. Plus it felt like every character from the original except Chevy must have died or something.

BlackLagoon

Avoid at all costs!! That's just a cheap rip off.....a caricature of the original.

Sean

Quote from: BlackLagoon on July 01, 2012, 03:48:26 AM
Avoid at all costs!! That's just a cheap rip off.....a caricature of the original.

It IS a terrible movie.  Arguably the biggest gap in quality between any film and a Part 2 ever.

HOWEVER, I could watch the scene where Randy Quaid gives a wedgie to Robert Stack repeatedly.  It's in the last 10 minutes of the movie, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yd9utjmweZc#t=2s

BlackLagoon

Ha! That scene is pretty funny but aside from that you'd probably have to pay me to sit through the rest of it.

Quad is a funny guy, I mean who doesn't laugh or quote Cousin Eddie--especially in Christmas Vacation. Too bad about him being completely out of his freakin' mind lately!

jimm

"Gambling is illegal at Buschwood sir and I ... never ... slice."......."DAMN"  ;D

Bizarro Jeff

Are you kidding?  Classic 80s fare, and one every guy can relate to....

my favorite is Judge Smails line:  "Well, the world needs ditch diggers to".

Hilarious.

Bizarroo Jeff
Some things are better not seen, some things are better lost than found...

Scatter

Classic flick!! Murray and Dangerfield were pure gold in this one!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

jimm

"This place is restricted Wang, so don't tell them you're Jewish!"....sooo many classic lines...we use them almost daily!

Scary Terry

I was amused/horrified to watch the TV edit of this once. Lots of cuts and re-written dialogue. Dangerfield's last line was changed from "Hey everybody -- we're all gonna get laid!" to "Hey everybody -- let's all take a shower!". Yeesh!
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com