Do you guys remember these REALLY COOL "New Monster Rings" from the 60s/70s?

Started by Radioactive Rod Whitenack, July 03, 2009, 11:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BijouBob8mm

I used to drop by Trader's World a lot...found some great buys on vintage monster & sci-fi models and toys, as well as some of those great old 8mm monster movies from back in the day.

Paladin

The silver rings were very popular and very attainable in head shops during the 1970's- 80's.
"Traveler of both time and space..."

BijouBob8mm

QuoteThe silver rings were very popular and very attainable in head shops during the 1970's- 80's.

Where were you spending your allowance?!!!  C:)  Our local "used record shop" (as they officially christened themselves) had a lot of unusual non-record related material, but they never had any of the monster rings.  (It was either that shop, or the local Spenser's Gifts, that used to carry some cool-looking Easter Island statue incense burners carved from rock and highlighted with blacklight paint.)

Paladin

Mwahahaha ;)
The silver Universal rings were kept on the counter near the black light bulbs & velvet posters. They also sold sports cards, love beads, models, tee shirts, magazines, incense, can openers, smokes & pipes here.

jimm

Paladin

Hepcat

Quote from: Toy Ranch on July 07, 2009, 01:47:43 PM
I have a display box.

Here's a display box for a different set of rings:

These come with genuine rhinestones making them more suitable as engagement rings.

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!