Space Ghost celebration thread

Started by Anton Phibes, August 18, 2016, 10:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

The original and Space Stars are more my speed. Not the Coast to Coast comedy show (although I liked that for different reasons). But with Mezco releasing a new 1: 12 figure and Figures Toy Company planning megos....time for a thread. What 60's Monster kid who also liked comics didn't dig Space Ghost. This one's also for Mord; who doesn't...know...who...SPACE GHOST..... IS!!!!! Post your Space Ghost interests here!!!!  Herculoids too!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ6qpulpmnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1lHNCDnEo8

Chakor Channing

Although I wasn't alive during the 60's, one character (other than Space Ghost himself) who I always liked was Brak.  I think he's a great villain in the originals 60's series, although I could care less for the moron they portray him as in Coast to Coast, and I especially don't care for him in The Brak Show.  Still, I think his 60's counterpart is one of the most underrated cartoon characters.

A life without Halloween and monsters is a life of boredom.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Chakor Channing on August 19, 2016, 12:44:57 AM
Although I wasn't alive during the 60's, one character (other than Space Ghost himself) who I always liked was Brak.  I think he's a great villain in the originals 60's series, although I could care less for the moron they portray him as in Coast to Coast, and I especially don't care for him in The Brak Show.  Still, I think his 60's counterpart is one of the most underrated cartoon characters.

Space Ghost ha some cool Villains. Metallus, SpiderWoman, Creature King, Brak, Zorak, Moltar, lots of cool goody baddies. When he was revived in the 80's (my introduction to him and the Herculoids) he had an alternate universe doppleganger who was evil named: Space Spectre. Ahhhhhh.....glory days of Saturday morning goodness.

LundyAfterMidnight

I've been on a Hanna-Barbara kick lately, & it's great to see this thread. I LOVED their action cartoons back in the day: Space Ghost, Herculoids, Jonny Quest, Moby Dick, even Frankenstein Jr.!
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Anton Phibes

Quote from: LundyAfterMidnight on August 19, 2016, 03:21:24 PM
I've been on a Hanna-Barbara kick lately, & it's great to see this thread. I LOVED their action cartoons back in the day: Space Ghost, Herculoids, Jonny Quest, Moby Dick, even Frankenstein Jr.!

Have you been checking this comic out??? Its selling well, and it may lead to spin off solo series. Also--most of these toons are on dvd now. With Space Ghost and Bird man being oop and a tad pricey....but the rest are still reasonably priced. Super heroes who fight monsters! In the case of the Herculoids....monsters fighting monsters. Alex Toth was a genius.

Anton Phibes

LundyAfterMidnight

Thanks Anton, I'll have to check out the comic! And I'd almost forgotten about Bird man!
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)