THe AXE Giant The Wrath of Paul Bunyan & June 13th Syfy at 9pm

Started by emazers, June 13, 2013, 12:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknown Primate

Why aren't YOU in charge of programming?  Today's line-ups are terrible on all channels.  Well, let's just run ANOTHER marathon of some reality show!  Sheesh!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Count_Zirock

U.P., a college body of mine used to be head of programming at Sci-Fi, and he was stupified by what got good ratings and what didn't. At one time, Sci-Fi's highest rated show was "Galactica 1980," I kid you not! Those godawful crap films like "Axe Giant" and "Piranhaconda" are actually cheaper to produce than "Mystery Science Theater 3000," and they got the exact same ratings. Hell, "Sharktopus" got better ratings than MST3K ever did! My buddy is now in acquisitions...yes, he buys the crappy movies! Hell, he's even produced a few ("Frankenfish," "Mansquito").

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

horrorhunter

Quote from: Count_Zirock on June 27, 2013, 08:47:23 PM
U.P., a college body of mine used to be head of programming at Sci-Fi, and he was stupified by what got good ratings and what didn't. At one time, Sci-Fi's highest rated show was "Galactica 1980," I kid you not! Those godawful crap films like "Axe Giant" and "Piranhaconda" are actually cheaper to produce than "Mystery Science Theater 3000," and they got the exact same ratings. Hell, "Sharktopus" got better ratings than MST3K ever did! My buddy is now in acquisitions...yes, he buys the crappy movies! Hell, he's even produced a few ("Frankenfish," "Mansquito").

He must feel cursed, being a cog in the CGI Crapfest Machine. Everyone has their own little slice of Hell, I guess. >:D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Unknown Primate

Dan - I remember you mentioning that before.  Didn't you have a project for SyFy with that friend of yours at one time?  It fell through or something, if I recall.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Count_Zirock

No, U.P., you're thinking of Joe Bob Briggs' script search for his production company, Coney Island Pictures. Which, by the way, they are still accepting submissions. It doesn't have to be horror, necessarily. Anything that could be considered a "drive-in" movie, they'll look at the script. Just remember, in most cases, the budgets for these films will be $1 million or less. More info at www.joebobbriggs.com. I never did get around to writing a script. Guess I still could, if I could ever find the time!

Count_Zirock

Quote from: horrorhunter on June 27, 2013, 10:59:04 PM
He must feel cursed, being a cog in the CGI Crapfest Machine. Everyone has their own little slice of Hell, I guess. >:D
He's an extremely well-paid cog. Considering he's the only remaining original employee from when Sci-Fi Channel first went in the air, that says something about his ability to sell out. When you have two daughters, one of whom is autistic, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing.