The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 02:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood(2019)
Unforgiven(1992)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Memphremagog on July 30, 2019, 03:23:54 AM
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood(2019)
Unforgiven(1992)

Memphremagog. How was Once Upon a.....? I hear/ see mixed reviews of the film.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

 Mars, Memph and I discussed "Once..." in a previous thread. We both loved it. Hollywood looked as exciting as it was in 1969. The characters are vivid and realistic. The ultra violence is saved for the ending...but, WHAT an ending! It's definitely the best film I've seen this year. Tarantino's best since "Jackie Brown". Btw, Margot Robbie is stunning. See it!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on July 30, 2019, 11:49:27 AM
Mars, Memph and I discussed "Once..." in a previous thread. We both loved it. Hollywood looked as exciting as it was in 1969. The characters are vivid and realistic. The ultra violence is saved for the ending...but, WHAT an ending! It's definitely the best film I've seen this year. Tarantino's best since "Jackie Brown". Btw, Margot Robbie is stunning. See it!
Cool!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

marsattacks666

    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

Hardcore-1979
Die Hard-1987
Big Bird Cage-1972
The Candy Stripe Nurses-1974
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 03, 2019, 07:58:02 PM
Hardcore-1979
Die Hard-1987
Big Bird Cage-1972
The Candy Stripe Nurses-1974

Great list! I'm a huge fan of "Hardcore". Excellent revenge flick (with loads of nudity).

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on August 03, 2019, 08:16:30 PM
Great list! I'm a huge fan of "Hardcore". Excellent revenge flick (with loads of nudity).
George C. Scott's performance in the film is remarkable. I felt so much sympathy for his character when he actually witnessed what his Daughter was doing on film and in Her life. Scott conveyed his pain and emotions, that left me speechless. I actually felt his dismay and distain.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 03, 2019, 08:39:52 PM
George C. Scott's performance in the film is remarkable. I felt so much sympathy for his character when he actually witnessed what his Daughter was doing on film and in Her life. Scott conveyed his pain and emotions, that left me speechless. I actually felt his dismay and distain.

Yes, he was brilliant in that role. I think it's a very underrated film. Due to the seedines of the subject matter, it was not given the attention it deserved. Season Hubley was excellent, as well. Have you seen the HBO series, "The Deuce"? It's a great show about the rise of the porn industry. The whole thing takes place in early  70s New York. Great music, lots of nudity and fine performances by James Franco, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Method Man & many others.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on August 03, 2019, 09:11:05 PM
Yes, he was brilliant in that role. I think it's a very underrated film. Due to the seedines of the subject matter, it was not given the attention it deserved. Season Hubley was excellent, as well. Have you seen the HBO series, "The Deuce"? It's a great show about the rise of the porn industry. The whole thing takes place in early  70s New York. Great music, lots of nudity and fine performances by James Franco, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Method Man & many others.

No I haven't. With your recommendation, Mord, I will.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

It's a 1979 kind of day.

Meatballs-1979
The Jerk-1979
H.O.T.S.-1979
KISS Dynasty Tour-1979
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

 Boogie Nights (1997) -
I hadn't watched this in two decades. What a great film! All of the real-life porn stars give it street cred. Julianne Moore is drop dead gorgeous (love pale-skinned redheads).

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on August 05, 2019, 11:28:07 PM
Boogie Nights (1997) -
I hadn't watched this in two decades. What a great film! All of the real-life porn stars give it street cred. Julianne Moore is drop dead gorgeous (love pale-skinned redheads).

Super good film. I dig it.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."