When Did You Last Watch A Classic Universal Monster Movie?

Started by Toy Ranch, January 12, 2009, 08:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toy Ranch

Just wondering how frequently Universal's biggest fans re-watch the classics...   (new Mummy movies and Van Helsing don't count)

Don't pop one in the DVD and say "I'm watching one right now" either!  ;D

I watched Ghost of Frankenstein about a month ago.  It was the first part of December. 

How about you?

MDG

Probably once a month or so--1.5 or two a month if you count the 50s SF (esp the MST3K versions). If the month is October, this shoots way up.

I've been Netflixing a lot of 30s-50s horror movies that I haven't seen in years that I used to see twice a year or more on TV while growing up (Invisible Ray, The Raven, the Mummy sequels).

I keep the Legacy collection on the top shelf and will pop one of the 40s movies in if I'm cleaning up or doing some kind of "hand work".

In the past couple years, Son of Dracula's become one of my favorites--lot of good stuff in there.
MDG

michblk

It's probably been since Nov.  I watched all the Frankie movies through House of. 

I have watched other horror since then.  Within the past couple weeks I have watched Cat People, Freaks, Hammer's Dracula, White Zombie and Devil Bat.  I don't think any of those are Universal though.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Toy Ranch

Yeah, I've watched tons of other stuff since then.  Just wondering how often the Universal monsters make an appearance in your movie player.  Last night I watched Hammer's The Abominable Snowman for the first time since I was a kid.  That was a Netflix pick.  Man, that is a great movie.  I really enjoyed it a lot. 

xChri5x

I watched Ghost Of Frankenstein two days ago.    But then again I'm fairly new to most of the old Universal Horror movies.

Wicked Lester

Ghost of Frankie about a month ago. My fave of the Franks. Over the holidays the Wolfman Legacy set and Invisible Man set. Overall I like the Invisible man better.

Creature Features

I watch all  of The Legacy dvds  every year throughout the month of October...

I have two Universal Sci-Fi compilation dvds that i've been watching every few months as they are a bit more new than the Legacy stuff.
"It's Alive...oh, It's Alive! It's Alive, It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!"

littlejohn123456

I saw all of the Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection about 3 months ago
John Woodcox

Anton Phibes

Around Thanksgiving I watched all the Frankenstein pictures.  haven't watched any since then.

raycastile

I can't remember the last time I watched one.  Does the silent Cat and the Canary count?  I watched that around Halloween time.  I watched The Man Who Laughs around the same time, maybe a little earlier in the year.
Raymond Castile

Jim Bertges

New Year's Eve, right after midnight, I put in Frankenstein to ring in the New Year.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

michblk

Quote from: Jim Bertges on January 13, 2009, 12:42:01 AM
New Year's Eve, right after midnight, I put in Frankenstein to ring in the New Year.

Jim, you sure know how to start out the new year!  I think I just found my new tradition!

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

BaronLatos35

I usually watch 1-2 a month. More in October as well. They are about an hour each and easy to pair as a double feature. Otherwise, I enjoy 60's and 70's horror, 60's and 70's Euro horror, some 80's as well. Few of the newer ones most notably "30 Days of Night".

The next Netflix movie coming in is "Count Dracula" with Chris Lee. This is a non Hammer film that I have not seen yet, but looks like my kind of movie, we'll see. Anyone else seen it?

I also like the idea of ringing in the New Year with a Universal classic, this year I popped in "Dracula, Prisoner of Frankenstein". Next year, will be a Universal.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Unknown Primate

I AM watching one right now!!  Just kidding...
FRANKENSTEIN, about 2 weeks ago.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

63monsterkidd

saturday night I watched the original phantom
starring Lon Chaney.

63monsterkidd