Newly enlisted to the site, but by no means a PFC...My Monsters

Started by Anton Phibes, October 01, 2008, 01:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Good evening all.  I stumbled across this site quite by accident googling for some Monster Items to add to my collection.  Which I have incidentally found (Thanks HHWolfman for the AHI Creature).  This looks like a nice gathering of ghouls.  Take a gander at my gruesome goodies.  Enjoy.   Loved seeing some of the UMA  collection at Wonderfest also.  Unfortunately these pics are a little outdated.  Nothing ever leaves, but things just keep getting added. ::)

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34334&highlight=classic+monsters

http://www.tylisaari.com/models/gallery/ms/gallery/rg.htm

I also have a pretty nice Comic book oriented collection, but lets keep this on topic and strictly to my first love...Classic Monsters!!!!!

avenger

Anton,
    I love your collection,the Karloff stuff,the autographs, the bust of Mr.Barlow,it's all great!!
I have to go back to see what I've missed.
Welcome to the UMA,where you and your collection will find a good home !!!!

Anton Phibes

Thanks Avenger, and if I can ever find out how to load pics directly from my pc to the posts I make, I can take a little better pictures later on. LOL!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 01, 2008, 01:25:18 AM
if I can ever find out how to load pics directly from my pc to the posts I make,

No way to do that. You first need to upload your photo to the web ( I recommend http://imageshack.us/ ), then copy the URL ("Direct Link") and paste it into your message using the "Insert Image" code (bottom row, 3rd from the left above the Smileys).
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Ahhhh, I see.  Thank you.  Oh well, I have pics of my collection all over the web, I guess I will stick to links. :D

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 01, 2008, 02:28:55 AM
Oh well, I have pics of my collection all over the web, I guess I will stick to links. :D

If you have pics on the web and want to post them in a message, just copy the URL and paste it in. Just make sure it's the URL of the pic and not an html page address.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Lugosifan1

AnthonPhibes, Great collection!!!!saw a little of it on the Creepy classic website, those autographs,,the  Reptile, the werewolf, those are from Paul Parla right, he was the man back then to get those guys, I have them also, Cherish them. Also  who repaints your Don post 's masks Great job!!!!!!Best,  Mario
Best, Mario

Anton Phibes

Your collection is absolutely stunning, Mario.  I have drooled over your signed stuff for quite some time.  I did indeed secure a lot of my autographs from Paul Parla.  Steven Ritch, Jacqueline Pierce, Reg Parton, Prudence Hyman.  The Vincent Price, Christopher Lee and one of the Cushings is from writing to them.  Then, various other dealers for the rest.  As I am sure you know, you have to really know the rep of who you are buying from and do a lot of time studying the handwriting of the person you're looking to buy.  Dishonesty and fraud abound in the collector's world.  Autographs being no exception.

As for the Don Post masks, those are the factory paint jobs.  See, all of my collection is displayed in a massive walk in closet.  The masks have never seen the light of day.  From day 1 they have been stored in there., and dust blown off them using compressed air,  I also treated them with Armor All protectant since day 1
( But don't try it 10 years after the fact---It will turn your mask brown! Be warned!).  As a result, the masks look stunning.  A friend of mine has a similar collection of masks and they have yellowed and turned brown over the years due to "mask rust".  His comment, "Everyone has masks, but yours look like they just spent the day in the salon!" 

Until I saw your collection of autographs, I thought I had really collected some unusual personalities.  Now I realize I am but a small potato in the face of your astonishing set up.  You rock!

Toy Ranch

Monsterkid71

Morkai

Anton Phibes!!! You rulessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
I know you!!! Do you remember a guy from Spain that write you several years ago for said that your Monster collection rules??? I'm that guy!!! hehehehe. Here in UMA forums :)
Your collection is biggest that I have seen in your older pics of eternal collector. You also have Mr Barlow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!! I'm happy to see you here :)

Anton Phibes

Yes indeed, I do remember you Morkai!  Thanks for all the welcomes too everybody!  Morkai, I still haven't gotten around to getting a Black Sunday piece yet though(Mask of Satan) or an "It--Terror from beyond space."  Amok time has an "It" figure coming up soon and I am hoping to see them produce the Barbara Steele figure too!  Good to hear from you!

Lugosifan1

Richard, it's so funny, I had just emailed Ron at creepyclassics to see if he had an email for you, but he didn't, but he did give me your address. That was right before you posted, drop me an email, I want to see what other stuff you might have, I have a few doubles of things you might not have. But your collection is Numbero #1    Mario       Mario_chacon(*at*)msn.com
Best, Mario

Monster Bob

Anton-

Very nice collection...actually the cleanest collection I have ever seen (!)

Welcome......!

Monster Bob

Anton Phibes

Yes, I'm very...tidy. ;D   Seriously, if i didn't organize and categorize I'd be lost. I also think organization differentiates a collection of unique items from  what may be viewed as "a jumble of junk".