Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Quote from: Doh! on March 21, 2021, 11:48:10 PM
Does Justice League count as sci-fi? Watched the 4-hour cut last night. Pretty bloated, but actually better than the previous version. It really should've been a 4-part miniseries, however. Also, the Epilogue was most unnecessary.

Justice League Snyder Cut (2021)

I love it, with no reservations. But I've been a fan of the DC cinematic universe all along. I've been saying on UMA for years now, with no shame, I totally dig Man of Steel and BvS. The epilogue is a preview of Snyder's long term view of the franchise. Right now WB has no plans to move forward with Snyder's view, but who knows? I never thought they'd release this version of JL in the first place . . . so just maybe??

Mike...In 3-D!

His House (2020)
Psycho Goreman (2020)
Slaxx (2021)
Scare Me (2020)
Flesh Eating Mothers (1988)
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

The Humanity Bureau, 2017 - One version of what 2030 might be like in America.

Nicholas Cage.

Owes way too much to Soylent Green.

Doesn't look like Cage will ever get another worthwhile film.   If you fall asleep during this one, don't bother rewinding.

If you must watch it, see it here free:  https://youtu.be/ZNrVgaj1SBs
ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

The Spider Woman Strikes Back(1946)
Konga(1961)
Horror High(1973)
Jacqueline Hyde(2005)
Zombies Of Mora Tau(1957)
The Man Who Turned To Stone(1957)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Memphremagog

The X From Outer Space(1967)
April Fool's Day(2008)
Schlock(1972)
Beast Of the Yellow Night(1971)
Doomwatch(1972)
Doctor Dracula(1978)
The Revived Monster(1953)
DARK SHADOWS:

BigShadow

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

marsattacks666

Hostel : part II(2007)
Cabin Fever(2003)
Return to Horror High(1987)

geezer butler

The Nightstalker (1972)
The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976)

2021-03-27_07-45-48 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2021-03-27_07-45-56 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Lazarus

A stomach bug my nephew picked up at karate class has burned its way though my immediate family, including my cousin who is staying with us and his little boy, which then spread to his girlfriends family.  Really nasty stuff.  I thought I'd avoided it, as they were all over it for the most part, but I guess I caught it late.  Thankfully, it didn't hit me as hard as it hit my brother, but I was still sick all through my day off and I took off today and tomorrow from work also, just to be certain that I didn't pass this along to my co-workers.  BUT, I took the opportunity to watch some stuff that I hadn't seen yet, and settle in with a comfortable favorite while I was laid up and trying to rehydrate after 24 hours of expelling fluid:

Attack the Block:  This movie rules.  I hadn't seen it before, but I really enjoyed it a lot.  The aliens are really unique.

The Haunting (1999):  I'm amazed at how wildly the adaptations of this book vary from the source material.  The only characters that seem to survive any real change are Mr. and Mrs. Dudley.

Monster Squad:  This one is just a comfort movie for me.  It's a lot of fun.  I always forget how much work Rudy put in during the fight at the end.  2 dead monsters and 2 of Dracula's brides!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Lazarus on March 28, 2021, 04:22:55 AM
A stomach bug my nephew picked up at karate class has burned its way though my immediate family

My doctor says he hasn't seen 2 cases of the flu all year. People trying to avoid Covid has almost zeroed it out!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

Revenge Of the Creature(1955)
Cult Of the Cobra(1955)
Man Made Monster(1941)
Horror Island(1941)
The Manster(1958)
Phantasm(1979)
Godzilla(2014)
DARK SHADOWS:

marsattacks666