Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LugosiFan25

"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 27, 2019, 11:53:15 AM
Repoman-1984

I always get a kick out of the image of him eating from a can that is labeled simply, "Food".
ADAM

Mord

Matinee-
After all the talk about this, I had to watch it again. Its every bit as fresh and charming as the first time. That was a prime year for monsterkids, and this captured that era perfectly, right down to " Famous Monsters of Filmland" magazines.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on February 27, 2019, 03:35:18 PM
Matinee-
After all the talk about this, I had to watch it again. Its every bit as fresh and charming as the first time. That was a prime year for monsterkids, and this captured that era perfectly, right down to " Famous Monsters of Filmland" magazines.

Great, underappreciated movie.

I really like the commentaries on the Blu-Ray, especially the cinematographer.  He tells of deciding to film in the "studios" at the Universal park in Florida - only to find out that the stages were really big meeting rooms.  With no material on hand, and everything so expensive, they had to rent the lumber they used to build sets.  As soon as shooting was done on one set, they would tear it down so they could return the lumber as fast as possible to save money.

ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 27, 2019, 03:47:25 PM
Great, underappreciated movie.

I really like the commentaries on the Blu-Ray, especially the cinematographer.  He tells of deciding to film in the "studios" at the Universal park in Florida - only to find out that the stages were really big meeting rooms.  With no material on hand, and everything so expensive, they had to rent the lumber they used to build sets.  As soon as shooting was done on one set, they would tear it down so they could return the lumber as fast as possible to save money.

Very interesting. I watched it on demand on my cable system. I might have to buy that bluray,  after all.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on February 27, 2019, 04:08:16 PM
Very interesting. I watched it [Matinee] on demand on my cable system. I might have to buy that bluray,  after all.

Well worth the price.

Blu-Ray Extras:

• NEW Master of the Matinee – interview with director Joe Dante
• NEW The Leading Lady – an interview with Cathy Moriarty
• NEW MANTastic! The Making of a Mant
• NEW Out of the Bunker – an interview with actress Lisa Jakub
• NEW Making a Monster Theatre – an interview with production designer Steven Legler
• NEW The Monster Mix - an interview with editor Marshall Harvey
• NEW Lights! Camera! Reunion! – an interview with director of photography John Hora
• Paranoia in Ant Vision – Joe Dante discusses the making of the film
• MANT! – the full length version of the film with introduction by Joe Dante
• Vintage Making of Featurette
• Behind the Scenes footage courtesy of Joe Dante
• Deleted and extended scenes sourced from Joe Dante's Workprint
• Still Galleries
• Theatrical Trailer

They should get John Hora to do commentaries on every film he ever made - so informative.

ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on February 27, 2019, 03:35:18 PM
Matinee-

Of of my all-time favorite films from Joe Dante. Besides the 'Burbs.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Slender Man -  Very tame (PG 13) teen horror about an entity that you conjure on your laptop (think "Candyman" in the age of the internet). Not worth the investment of 90 minutes.

marsattacks666

Eight Legged Freaks-2001

Fun film. It is what it is.....

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 28, 2019, 01:07:17 PM
Eight Legged Freaks-2001

Fun film. It is what it is.....
Actually, I like it more than the "serious" giant monster films.

marsattacks666

Mord

Would You Rather? -

Reanimator's Jeffrey Combs is the charming host of the most excruciatingly painful game show ever. Great fun with stabbings, shootings, canings, eye slicings, drownings...all the cool stuff. No nudity, but highly recommended.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on February 28, 2019, 02:53:26 PM
Would You Rather? -

Reanimator's Jeffrey Combs is the charming host of the most excruciatingly painful game show ever. Great fun with stabbings, shootings, canings, eye slicings, drownings...all the cool stuff. No nudity, but highly recommended.

I will check that out, Mord. ;D