Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Die, Monster, Die (1965)  6/10

The Dunwich Horror (1970)  7/10

Both are fun Horror movies though not very good Lovecraft adaptations. The Dunwich Horror in particular is enjoyably weird and has a very moving musical score.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

Q (1982)-  Though not a big giant flying monster fan, this one kinda worked for me. I had that cool 80s cop show feel. I kept waiting for, "This has been a Quinn Martin Production ".

Monsters For Sale

Creepshow, 1982 - Everyone is familiar with this anthology of comic book tales.

Great cast with Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, Fritz Weaver, Viveca Lindfors, Ed Harris, Leslie Nielsen, Ted Danson, E.G. Marshall, Stephen King, Tom Savini, etc.

The new BLU-Ray is terrific.  Looks like it was filmed yesterday.  Some tiny color correction was done to super effect.  No huge digital fiddling with the original, just some very advantageous tweaking.  Looks better than it did in the theater!  All the extras are winners, too.

I wish the same production team had done 4 more movies in this series.
ADAM

horrorhunter

The Haunted Palace (1963)  8/10

Tower Of London (1962)  6/10

The Call Of Cthulhu (2005)  8/10

The Whisperer In Darkness (2011)  7.5/10
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Anton Phibes

Wasp Woman on Blu Ray by Scream Factory. The best the film has EVER looked.....I can finally discern the make up and see what's going on. Love it!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 08, 2018, 05:06:02 PM
Wasp Woman on Blu Ray by Scream Factory. The best the film has EVER looked.

That's great, but I can think of dozens of other films I'd rather spend $27 on.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 08, 2018, 05:06:02 PM
Wasp Woman on Blu Ray by Scream Factory. The best the film has EVER looked.....I can finally discern the make up and see what's going on. Love it!

On Scream Factory?!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

zombiehorror

My Bloody Valentine 3D and Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D~moved my tv so I wanted to rewatch a few 3D titles to check the tv angle.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 08, 2018, 07:32:39 PM
Shout! Factory

I didn't realize The Wasp Woman was released through Shout/Scream Factory. Really awesome.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 09, 2018, 12:12:16 PM
I didn't realize The Wasp Woman was released through Shout/Scream Factory. Really awesome.

Yes, it definitely is AWESOME!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 08, 2018, 06:18:07 PM
That's great, but I can think of dozens of other films I'd rather spend $27 on.

Well, go get 'em, bro. But as for me: this is a favorite film with plenty of late night memories from my childhood parked in front of the tv. So it was a no-brainer for me. just like Brain That Wouldn't Die, Boy Who Cried Werewolf, and Without Warning when they released those on Blu. Sometimes it's about childhood memories and not fine art.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 09, 2018, 12:35:27 PM
Well, go get 'em, bro. But as for me: this is a favorite film with plenty of late night memories from my childhood parked in front of the tv. So it was a no-brainer for me. just like Brain That Wouldn't Die, Boy Who Cried Werewolf, and Without Warning when they released those on Blu. Sometimes it's about childhood memories and not fine art.

I love to see Blood of Dracula-1957 from Shout/Scream Factory. But....it will probably never happen.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 09, 2018, 12:45:25 PM
I love to see Blood of Dracula-1957 from Shout/Scream Factory. But....it will probably never happen.

Definitely a film that falls into the category of the films I mentioned. Also among those would be Frankenstein's Daughter.

Today I watched;

The Fly
The Return of The Fly

Memphremagog

Child's Play(1988)
Bram Stoker's Dracula(1992)
Without Warning(1981)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."