Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Magellan, 2017 - Earth has detected three coordinated extraterrestrial harmonic signals coming from three separate locations within our own Solar system.  One astronaut is sent out to investigate all three sources.

Formatted to 1.78:1, probably released direct to video.

Interesting premise spoiled by weekend project-sized budget and a lack of understanding of, or concern for, the basic physics that we all encounter every day of our lives.  This kind of innocence would have been charming in a 1960 science fiction movie, but grates in a modern film.

Still, I managed to watch it all the way through and am kind of glad that I did.  OK to view for free.
ADAM

Creepy

I met the lovely Adrienne Barbeau at the Motorcity Nightmares show today, so I had to watch The Fog. Its my favorite horror film!
Check out my Vintage posters and Masks at The Haunted Cinema

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Creepy on April 28, 2018, 06:41:55 PM
I met the lovely Adrienne Barbeau at the Motorcity Nightmares show today, so I had to watch The Fog. Its my favorite horror film!

She was perfect in that role, too.
ADAM

Creepy

I watched 47 Meters Down with my daughter. It was a fun sharksplotation film. Definitely a Saturday night popcorn film.

Memphremagog

The Phantom Ship(1936)
Death Race 2000(1974)
Horror Of Party Beach(1964)
Curse Of the Living Corpse(1964)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Monsters For Sale

Realive, 2016 - A thirty-two year old man is diagnosed with a terminal illness and given a year at most to live.  He decides to end his life early and opt for cryogenics before his body becomes too damaged.  Sixty years later, he is reanimated - then his problems really begin.

Disappointing in that the time period covered is small enough that we don't get to see the reveal of a distant future world, but this movie is about the protagonist's personal journey.  As such, it takes place in a very confined, interior environment.  Don't know if this was an artistic choice or just dictated by low budget constraints, but it works.

Really glad I got to see this film.  But don't watch this one for a fun time at the movies - lousy first date movie.

Maybe, I was really tired or a little down going in, but this guy's story depressed the hell out of me.  I felt terrible for most of the rest of my day.  At first I thought I was getting sick, but then I realized I was reacting to this movie.

Any film that can get such an intense emotional response from me, positive or negative, gets my vote.
ADAM

Mord

Before I Fall -  Girl keeps reliving the same fateful day, until she can find a way of altering it. Horror version of Groundhog Day,  without the charm of "Happy Death Day". Not bad, but stick with the better movie (Happy Death Day).

Memphremagog

Day Of the Triffids(1963)
The Saga Of the Viking Women & Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent(1957)
Horror Rises From the Tomb(1973)
Count Dracula's Great Love(1973)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on April 29, 2018, 12:22:32 PM
Before I Fall -  Girl keeps reliving the same fateful day, until she can find a way of altering it. Horror version of Groundhog Day,  without the charm of "Happy Death Day". Not bad, but stick with the better movie (Happy Death Day).

I am going to watch this film, Mord
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Creepy

LugosiFan25

The Quatermass Xperiment (1955) - First time viewing. Absolutely loved it.
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Mike Scott

Quote from: LugosiFan25 on May 01, 2018, 02:11:41 PM

Have you seen the other two?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: LugosiFan25 on May 01, 2018, 02:11:41 PM

Seen "Quatermass and the Pit" - AKA: "Five Million Years To Earth"?

My favorite of the trio.
ADAM

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 01, 2018, 02:40:20 PM
Have you seen the other two?

I've seen Quatermass and the Pit, still haven't seen Quatermass II.
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"