Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunkenstein

Paul

marsattacks666

Contracted-2013
Meshes of the Afternoon-1943
Eyes Without a Face-1960
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

The Fog-1980
Cannibal Holocaust-1980
The Addams Family-1992
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

LugosiFan25

Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933)
Nosferatu (1922)
The Black Cat (1934)
Duel (1971) on Svengoolie
The Phantom of the Opera (1962) - so much better than I had remembered
From the Earth to the Moon (1958)
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 08, 2017, 09:14:27 PM
Contracted-2013
Meshes of the Afternoon-1943
Eyes Without a Face-1960
What did you think of Contracted? I liked it, but the sequel kinda sucked. If you liked it, give "Starry Eyes" a look.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on October 09, 2017, 10:20:45 AM
What did you think of Contracted? I liked it, but the sequel kinda sucked. If you liked it, give "Starry Eyes" a look.

Contracted was good. Very different and unique. However, reading about the film. There is a film called Thanatomorphose, in which Contracted is similar to.

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 09, 2017, 03:49:06 PM
Contracted was good. Very different and unique. However, reading about the film. There is a film called Thanatomorphose, in which Contracted is similar to.
There's a Contracted 2 that takes off where this one ends (though, not as satysfying). At the end of the sequel it mentioned that the story continues in C3. Not sure it ever got made. I'll have to look into the other film you mentioned. I've never heard of it.

Mike Scott

Another Paramount film not on DVD:

AMONG THE LIVING (1941) at YouTube

Although many refer to it as a something/horror movie, it's just plain suspense thriller. That being said, it's a pretty good one!

A man comes home, after many years, to attend his father's funeral, only to find out the twin he thought had died as a child, is still alive and, due to his insanity, has been locked away all these years. The fun begins when the twin escapes!

Albert Dekker gives a good performance(s) as the twins. Co-starring Susan Hayward (pre stardom), Harry Carey and Frances Farmer.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on October 09, 2017, 04:35:51 PM
There's a Contracted 2 that takes off where this one ends (though, not as satysfying). At the end of the sequel it mentioned that the story continues in C3. Not sure it ever got made. I'll have to look into the other film you mentioned. I've never heard of it.

I'll check-out Contracted 2. Although, a sequel would have not made sense. If you know what I mean, Mord.

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 09, 2017, 06:01:12 PM
I'll check-out Contracted 2. Although, a sequel would have not made sense. If you know what I mean, Mord.
It will make sense. Think of her last sexual encounter and take it from there.

Memphremagog

In honor of Ed Wood's birthday, a marathon:

Bride Of the Monster(1955)
Plan 9 From Outer Space(1956)
Night Of the Ghouls(1958)
Orgy Of the Dead(1965)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Memphremagog on October 10, 2017, 12:11:50 PM
In honor of Ed Wood's birthday, a marathon:

Bride Of the Monster(1955)
Plan 9 From Outer Space(1956)
Night Of the Ghouls(1958)
Orgy Of the Dead(1965)

Thanks for the idea. I think I'll do this tonight.

Mike Scott

WB put out a DVD set of their old mystery/horror "B" movies a couple of years ago. Don't know why they left this one out?

THE MYSTERIOUS DOCTOR (1943) at Dailymotion

A mysterious stranger shows up in a small Cornwall village where the local tin mine is haunted by a ghost. When people start turning up dead, again, the ghost is blamed, initially.

With John Loder, Eleanor Parker, Lester Matthews (as the mysterious doc), Forrester Harvey ("The Invisible Man") and Matt Willis ("The Return of the Vampire").
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 10, 2017, 04:02:52 PM
WB put out a DVD set of their old mystery/horror "B" movies a couple of years ago. Don't know why they left this one out?

THE MYSTERIOUS DOCTOR (1943) at Dailymotion

A mysterious stranger shows up in a small Cornwall village where the local tin mine is haunted by a ghost. When people start turning up dead, again, the ghost is blamed, initially.

With John Loder, Eleanor Parker, Lester Matthews (as the mysterious doc), Forrester Harvey ("The Invisible Man") and Matt Willis ("The Return of the Vampire").

Saw this on TCM a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it. Loved the headless ghost stalking the town.