Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunkenstein

CALLING DR. DEATH (1943) on Sven.
GOJIRA (1954)
PHANTASM II (1988) - What a fun sequel. I've always loved the original PHANTASM, but not sure why I never got around to checking out the sequels. Really enjoyed this. Reggie rocks!
Paul

Monsters For Sale

The Man From Planet X, 1951 - Visitor from a newly discovered, and fast approaching, planet.

Watched the new Blu-Ray with and without the commentary.  The commentary is so long that it requires the viewer to begin the feature a 2nd time to hear the complete thing.

Was very pleased with all the detailed info about the way Ulmer worked and how the film was received.  I even got a better understanding of how the Dragnet TV series got its distinctive monotone.

RECOMMENDED

ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on July 30, 2017, 11:51:22 AM
Atomic Blonde - If all this film had to offer was Chalize Theron doing high kicks in a short skirt....it would be enough for me. There's so much more than that. Take John Wick, throw in an equal mix of Bond and Borne, add some hot lesbian sex and killer music . Just using Ministry's "Stigmata" in the soundtrack wowed me. Watch this!

Hey-yo!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Mighty Joe Young(1949)
The Amazing Transparent Man(1960)
Frankenstein's Bloody Terror(1967)
Invisible Agent(1942)
The Amazing Mr.X(1948)
The Oblong Box(1968)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Monsters For Sale

The Clown Murders, 1976 - It's Halloween night and four friends, dressed as clowns, kidnap an enemy's wife as a joke - and to ruin a real estate deal.  Then, things begin to go terribly sour.

Third billed John Candy's only "horror" film also features his only sex scene.  (Yeah, you read that right.)  I bought this because it was the only John Candy film I had never seen - and it takes place on Halloween. 

Everything about this film is wrong.  Baby-faced John Candy is ridiculed and abused throughout the film.  His character is relegated to the cliché one-dimensional fat guy.  He never stops eating and his friends never stop commenting on that fact.  John is humiliated and beaten up by a guy half his size and weeps uncontrollably as he is tied up and slapped around.  I felt so embarrassed for Candy - the actor, not the character he was portraying.

None of the plot hung together for me.  (Maybe I'm just dumb.)  L-o-n-g static scenes with dialog that did nothing to explain motivations or advance the narrative made the 96 min. film play like a 3-parter mini series.  While I felt for Candy, there wasn't a likable character in the whole cast.

This movie committed the worst sin of all - it was B-O-R-I-N-G!  Don't watch this one in a room with a timepiece.  You will get whiplash glancing back-and-forth between the TV and the clock.

This one falls just a skosh short of a positive recommendation.
ADAM

Maceo1

I am being watched, by blind people.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Maceo1

"Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster" (1965) .

Memphremagog

The Vampire & the Ballerina(1961)
Fangs Of the Living Dead(1968)
DARK SHADOWS:

Maceo1

Someone said it was Butch Patrick's birthday .  So, while we barbecued, we watched "Frankenstein vs. the Creature from Blood Cove " (2005)

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

Space Amoeba(1970)
Friday the 13th Pt.VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan(1988)
Jigsaw(2002)
Frankenstein Conquers the World(1965)
DARK SHADOWS:

geezer butler

The Night Stalker (1972)

The Car (1977)

Psycho II (1982)

Memphremagog

Abbott & Costello Meet Dr.Jekyll & Mr.Hyde(1953)
Hold That Ghost!(1941)
DARK SHADOWS:

Creepy

Pan's Labyrinth - this was my 1st viewing. I was blown away at the beauty and horror of this film. Simply one of the best movies I have ever seen. 10/10

The Funhouse - Last time I saw this movie was in High School in 1981. Lots of fun.
Check out my Vintage posters and Masks at The Haunted Cinema