Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on June 13, 2017, 07:08:04 PM
Sounds promising, what's the scoop?

Circa-1987
Low-budget Zombie film. No-name actors. However, it has a special charm. I have the bluray/DVD Combo with TerrorVision.
Mord, it really is fun and entertaining to watch. I recommend. A little slow-paced, but worth the watch.
Plus....Jennifer Miro, from the Nuns is in the film, too.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

The People Under the Stairs, 1991 - A Wes Craven movie about the creepiest family on the block.

First time seeing this one.  Probably last time, too.

I have a problem about movies that feature a little kid outsmarting out running and generally beating up adults who can do all these things to other adults.  The adult actors are never good at convincing me they can't just twist the little tyke's head off.  The "Invaders From Mars" remake with Karen Black always asking the kid (her real life son) "What do we do now, Timmy?, just don't ring true. 

It is OK in a comedy like "Home Alone", but leaves me flat in a horror movie.

ADAM

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on June 14, 2017, 05:54:26 PM
Circa-1987
Low-budget Zombie film. No-name actors. However, it has a special charm. I have the bluray/DVD Combo with TerrorVision.
Mord, it really is fun and entertaining to watch. I recommend. A little slow-paced, but worth the watch.
Plus....Jennifer Miro, from the Nuns is in the film, too.

You had me at "low budget zombie film".  Throw in "Terrorvision" and you have yourself a great double feature for  late Saturday night viewing.

Monsters For Sale

Colossus: The Forbin Project, 1970 - A self-inflicted "The Day the World Stood Still" situation.

Released in April, 1970.  Considering the year, this was a pretty forward-looking yarn with an uncharacteristically downbeat ending.  Nicely done, I think.

I watched the 2.35:1 ratio German Blu-Ray.  As far as I know, it is still available as pan and scan only in the U.S.

Whatever happened to the proposed Ron Howard remake starring Will Smith?  I hope it is stalled until Smith is no longer available.  Please Hollywood, no more sci-fi as star vehicles for Smith, Cruise or Reeves.  Give us better stories with unknown casts.
ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 14, 2017, 06:36:56 PM
The People Under the Stairs, 1991 - A Wes Craven movie about the creepiest family on the block.

First time seeing this one.  Probably last time, too.

I have a problem about movies that feature a little kid outsmarting out running and generally beating up adults who can do all these things to other adults.  The adult actors are almost never good at convincing me they can't just twist the little tyke's head off. 
We seem to share the same child-rearing views. You should see me full Hulk when I have to sit in a restaurant next to a litter of obnoxious brats. Parents always think their little mutant's antics are adorable to everyone around them. I don't have to worry about movie theaters since I only watch movies that are hard R-rated. Oh yeah, strip joints are pleasantly child free, too.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on June 14, 2017, 06:44:11 PM
You had me at "low budget zombie film".  Throw in "Terrorvision" and you have yourself a great double feature for  late Saturday night viewing.

Check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/TerrorVision-Video-Bluray-Combo-Blu-ray/dp/B00A429Y56
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Thanks for the info. Did you ever get your "Pieces" puzzle?

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on June 14, 2017, 07:03:26 PM
Thanks for the info. Did you ever get your "Pieces" puzzle?

Nope. Not very happy 'bout it. Thank you for asking, Mord.  I'm not going to pay an obscene amount of money for it on ripoffBAY, either. ;D >:D

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on June 14, 2017, 07:14:27 PM
Nope. Not very happy 'bout it. Thank you for asking, Mord.  I'm not going to pay an obscene amount of money for it on ripoffBAY, either. ;D >:D
I'm with you there. The only person I know that has one is Horror Hunter. He paid regular price (lucky bastard)

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on June 14, 2017, 07:18:36 PM
I'm with you there. The only person I know that has one is Horror Hunter. He paid regular price (lucky bastard)

Definitely

Mord

Neighbor (2009) - A young woman decides to torture and kill neighbors in an otherwise quiet neighborhood. She is played by the deliciously evil (and big-breasted) America Olivo. Sadly, no nudity (except a realistically painful-looking penile torture scene...I'm still reeling).VERY gory slasher flick.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 14, 2017, 06:55:19 PM

I watched the 2.35:1 ratio German Blu-Ray.  As far as I know, it is still available as pan and scan only in the U.S.

I really wanna see this movie in Scope, but I don't like German DVDs.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

Night Of the Demon(1957)
Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein(1948)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Monsters For Sale

One Dark Night, 1983 - For an initiation into the "Sisters" high school clique, Meg Tilly is left alone overnight in a mausoleum.

Not as good as I remembered.  Still, it is fun to see a lovely young Meg and all the old practical physical effects.
ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Memphremagog on June 15, 2017, 03:41:21 PM
Night Of the Demon(1957)
Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein(1948)

Good double feature