Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Bogey on June 04, 2017, 07:45:37 AM
One of the best!  This almost received a 10/10 rating from me as it is a film that I can catch at any point and enjoy any scene.

After seeing JAWS hundreds of times, I am done with this film. :(
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Werewolf Of London(1935)
King Kong vs Godzilla(1963)
Captive Wild Woman(1943)
Blood Bath(1966)
Wonder Woman(2017)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on June 04, 2017, 05:14:48 AM
Puppet Master X (2012)
I like the PM films, but haven't seen this one. What's your take on this one? Is it worth checking out?

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on June 04, 2017, 11:36:58 AM
After seeing JAWS hundreds of times, I am done with this film. :(
I'm almost afraid to revisit "Jaws". I loved it in my youth, but haven't seen it in decades. I would rather re-watch "The Shallows" than ruin my fond memories of its predecessor.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on June 04, 2017, 12:13:32 PM
I'm almost afraid to revisit "Jaws". I loved it in my youth, but haven't seen it in decades. I would rather re-watch "The Shallows" than ruin my fond memories of its predecessor.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a pretty timeless film. It could have been made last year!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 04, 2017, 12:27:01 PM
I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a pretty timeless film. It could have been made last year!
I saw it 3 times in the theater (original run). Loved it. I'm afraid that the small screen wouldn't do it justice, though.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on June 04, 2017, 12:49:59 PM
I'm afraid that the small screen wouldn't do it justice, though.

Well, it never does, but I'm sure that doesn't keep you from watching other movies on teevee box.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on June 04, 2017, 12:09:40 PM
I like the PM films, but haven't seen this one. What's your take on this one? Is it worth checking out?

This film is fair. Not great.  However there is a homage to Ilsa.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 04, 2017, 01:15:10 PM
Well, it never does, but I'm sure that doesn't keep you from watching other movies on teevee box.
Better than watching them on my phone, like the youngsters.

Memphremagog

Quote from: marsattacks666 on June 04, 2017, 01:29:15 PM
This film is fair. Not great.  However there is a homage to Ilsa.

Anything with a homage to Ilsa cant be bad.. ;)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Lunkenstein

MEN IN BLACK (1997)
BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1935) on Sven.
Paul

marsattacks666

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

creaturefan95

I watched two movies on Saturday with my mother. First, we watched The Last Man on Earth which was part of the Festival of Fear hosted by Halloween Harvey. It was a little too slow-moving for her to really pay attention to it for very long. I remembered how James Rolfe, the Angry Video Game Nerd, had recommended this film in one of his Cinemassacre's Monster Madness videos. I knew it was the first of several attempts to adapt, I Am Legend, the 1954 Richard Matheson novel and starred Vincent Price, but I did not know it was an Italian-American production until my mom looked it up and told me. This 1964 science fiction horror classic predates Night of the Living Dead's transformation of the zombie archetype from voodoo slaves into flesh-eating ghouls and its influence on Romero was evident when watching the earlier public-domain picture. Night of the Creeps was the second flick we watched together. She sat through the entire 90-minute feature, amused how it brought back memories of her college years in the 80s, and of course jumped at the well-timed scares. Fred Dekker's directorial debut was only the second project of his that I have seen having come across Monster Squad in a department store some time ago and taking away from that DVD's special features that I needed to see his earlier work. Now that I have finally gotten around to doing so, I can safely say that it was worth the wait and I definitely should have watched it sooner. It remains to be seen whether I like it as much as Killer Klowns from Outer Space, another sci-fi horror comedy I just adore. I will probably have to view it a few more times before I can determine its place on my admittedly short but gradually expanding list of cinematic favorites. How can you not love something equal parts action, horror, romance with Tom Atkins as a haunted cop?

LugosiFan25

The Vampire Bat (1933)
Voodoo Man (1944)
Frankenstein (1931)
Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues (1955)
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"