Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Lunkenstein

DIARY OF A MADMAN (1963)
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET THE KILLER: BORIS KARLOFF (1949) on Sven.
Paul

Monsters For Sale

Without Warning, 1994 - This made-for-TV film was broadcast just once on either October 30th or 31st, 1994.  It tries very hard to be the '90's heir to Orson Wells' 1938 radio broadcast of "The War of the Worlds".

It begins as a broadcast movie about murder.  The station breaks in with a special bulletin about three meteorites striking in oddly precise locations in the northern hemisphere - one of them is Grover's Mill, Wyoming.  What follows is a muddle about in-studio broadcasts, conflicting "experts", weird radio disruptions and unexplained disappearances.  Finally, speculation begins that what is happening is not entirely natural phenomena.       

In a nod to establishing believability, two of the main actors are real Southern California reporters Sander Vanocur and Bree Walker.  A resident expert is played by Jane Kaczmarek of "Malcom In the Middle".

If you are curious, it is available on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/f9xMTA7qhZM
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on May 29, 2017, 05:12:39 PM
Without Warning, 1994

I looked at a few minutes of it and I'm not sure if it's the movie I remember. Was there another TV movie from the '80s, or '90s with a similar fake news reports plot about some disaster, or other?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 29, 2017, 06:23:13 PM
I looked at a few minutes of it and I'm not sure if it's the movie I remember. Was there another TV movie from the '80s, or '90s with a similar fake news reports plot about some disaster, or other?

Beats me.  Nothing comes to mind.
ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Creepy

It was a double feature night. Started with the depressing and moved to the hilarious.

Logan
Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein
Check out my Vintage posters and Masks at The Haunted Cinema

marsattacks666

LugosiFan25

Killers From Space (1954)
They Came From Beyond Space (1967)
Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karloff (1949)
Werewolf Woman (1976)
The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939)
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (1939)
The Brain from Planet Arous (1957)
The Phantom of Crestwood (1932)
I Walked with a Zombie (1943)
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Mike Scott

Quote from: Creepy on May 30, 2017, 05:44:33 AM
It was a double feature night. Started with the depressing and moved to the hilarious.

Logan

I watched that yesterday. So, is that it for X-MEN movies? They did the earlier trilogy and the more recent trilogy and a Wolverine trilogy. That's more movies than Harry Potter!
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

The Forgotten, 2004 - A mother, grieving for her dead nine-year-old boy, is told by her husband, her best friend and her psychiatrist that her son never existed.

Not your usual psychological thriller.  There are other plot elements that drag it into the category we are discussing here.  I thought the first half of the film was great, but I hated the ending.  The Blu-Ray disc offers the original theatrical edit plus a Director's edit with an alternate ending.  I prefer the theatrical version, but it was still disappointing.

ADAM

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 30, 2017, 10:07:50 AM
I watched that yesterday. So, is that it for X-MEN movies? They did the earlier trilogy and the more recent trilogy and a Wolverine trilogy. That's more movies than Harry Potter!

That's only it for Hugh Jackman's Wolverine in the X-Men films; the next X-Men film is currently in production featuring the Dark Phoenix storyline..
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."