Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on February 26, 2017, 04:07:49 PM
Cabin in the Woods -  This film's brilliance didn't hit me until repeated viewings changed my mind. Definitely one to watch in an altered state of mind.

I've tried repeatedly to watch Cabin in the Woods, and became bored. But!!! Let me give the film another try....
Maybe if there were hot, naked, oiled.....etc, etc, etc...
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Lunkenstein

GODZILLA'S REVENGE (1969) on Svengoolie. (Please don't go mystery science on us, Sven)
MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE (1971) First time seeing this. I enjoy catching early '70s films I've missed. Great seeing Jason Robards, Herbert Lom and Michael Dunn together.
Paul

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 26, 2017, 04:38:11 PM
I've tried repeatedly to watch Cabin in the Woods, and became bored. But!!! Let me give the film another try....
Maybe if there were hot, naked, oiled.....etc, etc, etc...
Mars, I think your assessment is probably more accurate than mine. I hated it the first time I saw it. Then, I watched it when I was more than a little stoned. That whole "all hell breaks loose" scene, that I used to loathe, became joyous anarchy. And, yes, ANY movie is improved by hot, naked oiled women. Hell I'd even watch Star Wars and Kaiju if they featured nude women fighting in an empty swimming pool.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on February 27, 2017, 12:41:44 AM
Mars, I think your assessment is probably more accurate than mine. I hated it the first time I saw it. Then, I watched it when I was more than a little stoned. That whole "all hell breaks loose" scene, that I used to loathe, became joyous anarchy. And, yes, ANY movie is improved by hot, naked oiled women. Hell I'd even watch Star Wars and Kaiju if they featured nude women fighting in an empty swimming pool.

Hey-yo!

Mike...In 3-D!

Masters of Horror: Jenifer (2005)
Barbarella (1968)
I Married a Monster From Outer Space (1958)
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike...In 3-D!

I'm willing to wager that the comic was way better than the episode.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Mord

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on February 27, 2017, 01:33:13 PM
Is that the one with Misty Mundae (Erin Brown)? I barely remember that one. All I recall, is that there wasn't anywhere enough nudity to warrant a re-watch.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on February 27, 2017, 01:33:13 PM
The story is classic work by Bruce Jones and Bernie Wrightson originally presented in Creepy #63 from 1974. It's an example of Warren's best.

I also like the MOH episode. I think Argento did a nice job with the adaptation and the acting is good. Carrie Anne Fleming is gorgeous and hideous at the same time and Jenifer works her almost supernatural seduction in a very perverse and devastating way, then moves on to the next poor bastard. Good Horror.

But, you're right. As good as the MOH ep is it still falls short of the classic Warren story. It's hard to live up to that level of excellence.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Mord

Quote from: LundyAfterMidnight on February 27, 2017, 11:19:54 PM
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
YES!  If you want the perfect double bill, add INVASION OF THE SAUCERMEN to your viewing menu.

LundyAfterMidnight

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (& I'm due to give Saucermen another look!!)
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)