Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on January 09, 2017, 11:07:55 AM
I didn't even have to ask, this time.
Gimme a Y! Gimme a U! Gimme a T! Make that two perfect Ts (OO  ;)) Gimme an E! What's it spell?!

YUTTE! YUTTE! YUTTE!!!

Zombie In Luv  :laugh:

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

geezer butler

Invisible Invaders (1959)

The Earth Dies Screaming (1965)

*first time viewing these films. I really enjoyed both and recommend the new blueray releases.

geezer butler

Batman versus Superman extended cut (2016)

Suicide Squad extended cut (2016)

Anthony Caranci

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 09, 2017, 10:18:23 AM
Want to appreciate silent movies all the more?  Read Kevin Brownlow's "The Parade's Gone By".

Not about horror, but about how difficult and exciting were the days when the entertainment medium was being invented - and about the people who are unknown by most today.

When I read it in 1976, I couldn't put it down and wished it would never end.  I don't think it has ever gone out of print.

You'll never see silent films with the same eyes again.

Thank you Adam. I'll check out the Barnes & Noble that's right down the street. It's within walking distance. Another note on Brownlow - I was really  looking forward to a USA release of his restoration of Abel Gance's Napoleon. I hear there won't be a USA release of "his" restoration with the Carl Davis score, because of Francis Ford Coppola. It has to do with the version his father (Carmine) scored. I had the VHS tapes long ago but discarded them, as I thought there would be a DVD release way before now!

Tuesday:

The Ace of Hearts 1921 Goldwyn Pictures
Shadows 1922 Preferred Pictures
Nosferatu 1922 Prana Films F.W. Murnau.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame 1923 Universal.

geezer butler

The Mummy (1959)

She (1965)

*The Mummy is from the Hammer Horror Classics Blu-ray set. I think it looks excellent. I look forward to upgrading other Hammer films.

Anthony Caranci

Wednesday:

He Who Gets Slapped 1924 M.G.M.
Waxworks 1924 UFA.
The Unholy Three 1925 M.G.M.
The Phantom of the Opera 1925 Universal Complete Version. 

Monsters For Sale

Weekend at Bernie's - 1989
Weekend at Bernie's II - 1993

Yeah, I know.

But he is dead through most of the first one and becomes a zombie in the second one.  That should count.

(I haven't watched anything but comedy for a while.)

ADAM

DBCrader

Quote from: geezer butler on January 10, 2017, 11:51:37 PM
Batman versus Superman extended cut (2016)

Suicide Squad extended cut (2016)

Just watched Batman v Superman (subtitled Batman Makes Superman His Bitch)!!! The "Ultimate" edition is much better than the theatrical release... Oddly enough, just like Ben Affleck's other sojourn into the superhero genre (Daredevil), the editors seemed to cut out the stuff that actually made the movie make sense!!!

DBCrader

Can I just keep adding to this, superseding my last post???  In that case... I just got The Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection (Vol. 1) and buzzed thru Tarantula, The Mole People, and The Incredible Shrinking Man, and am now watching The Monolith Monsters!!!

zombiehorror

Quote from: DBCrader on January 13, 2017, 12:56:40 AM
...the editors seemed to cut out the stuff that actually made the movie make sense!!!

I still don't get people's critique that the movie didn't make sense or was hard to follow?  I understood the film, there just wasn't much there.  DCU's films have been pretty much just live action versions of your average DC animated film and there's nothing wrong with that.  There's little build up to any plot, it's just enough to get their heroes/villains up there on the screen to duke it out.  I don't know how any additional footage would make the film any better but will probably watched the extended at some point.

Mike Scott

Quote from: DBCrader on January 13, 2017, 01:02:57 AM
Can I just keep adding to this, superseding my last post??? 

Not sure what you mean? You can post as many times as you want.

Love the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collections!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

Plague Of the Zombies(1966)
Dracula Prince Of Darkness(1966)
The Town That Dreaded Sundown(2014)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mord

Quote from: Memphremagog on January 13, 2017, 09:49:07 AM
Plague Of the Zombies(1966)
Dracula Prince Of Darkness(1966)
The Town That Dreaded Sundown(2014)
How did you like the Town that Dreaded Sundown  remake/sequel? I have mixed feelings myself.

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mord on January 13, 2017, 11:01:26 AM
How did you like the Town that Dreaded Sundown  remake/sequel? I have mixed feelings myself.

It was ok as far as sequels go..the plot seemed a bit stretched though and although I like Dennis O'Hare in TRUE BLOOD and AMERICAN HORROR STORY, he was chewing up the scenery here and not in a good way..
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mord

Quote from: Memphremagog on January 13, 2017, 11:30:38 AM
It was ok as far as sequels go..the plot seemed a bit stretched though and although I like Dennis O'Hare in TRUE BLOOD and AMERICAN HORROR STORY, he was chewing up the scenery here and not in a good way..
That pretty much mirrors how I feel. It is at least watchable ( unlike other similar ventures).