Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

It Came From Outer Space

It Came From Outer Space II
ADAM

marsattacks666

The Empire Strikes Back(1980)
Planet of the Apes(1968)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Lazarus

GalaxyQuest
Nightbreed: The Directors Cut

GQ is an old favorite, but Nightbreed was new.

Memphremagog

The Thing From Another World(1951)
Rasputin the Mad Monk(1966)
The Reptile(1966)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mike...In 3-D!

Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama (1988)
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988)
Repo Man (1984)
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on April 04, 2016, 10:34:52 PM
Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama (1988)
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988)
Repo Man (1984)

All great, classic 80s trashy, goodness.
I think I will watch all three soon.

Monsters For Sale

The Thing From Another World

Re-Animator

Back To the Future I, II, III (with commentary on)
ADAM

marsattacks666

Repo Man (1984)
Frankenhooker (1990)
Dr. Alien (1989)
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988-Special Edition/Retromedia)

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

horrorhunter

The Playgirls And The Vampire (1960) (English dub, 1963)

The Playgirls And The Vampire is fun. It's certainly no classic, but it's okay. The good points are that this film has it's place in Eurohorror history and I love the whole early Eurohorror feel, the castle setting lends cool gothic atmosphere, and the girls are pretty. The bad points are slow story, goofy English dub, and too much Walter Brandi. It's a shame that an actor with presence wasn't cast in the dual role of the Count and the vampire. Christopher Lee would have been fantastic. I don't know how a guy like Walter Brandi got cast as the lead in so many Italian horror films. I would like to see the original Italian language version with English subs, I think it would help. Anyway, it's a good addition to the collection. I try to get all of the Image EuroShock Collection DVDs I can.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Lazarus

I got about halfway through The Vampire's Coffin on Netflix the other night before I looked and found out it was a sequel.  Have to see the original first!

I did like the bits that I watched, though.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Lazarus on April 05, 2016, 03:34:22 PM
I got about halfway through The Vampire's Coffin on Netflix the other night before I looked and found out it was a sequel.  Have to see the original first!

I did like the bits that I watched, though.
If you can find a copy, the Casanegra DVD from 2006 is the way to go. It features both El Vampiro and The Vampire's Coffin as well as commentary and other cool extras. Your best bet is to save a search on eBay and wait for an auction with a reasonable minimum bid. It's about the only way to get some of this OOP stuff without spending an arm and a leg. Might take some waiting though.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: marsattacks666 on April 05, 2016, 09:08:12 AM
Repo Man (1984)
Frankenhooker (1990)
Dr. Alien (1989)
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988-Special Edition/Retromedia)

Ah, Frankenhooker. A national treasure!
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."