horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on June 24, 2014, 06:07:36 PM
Drag me to Hell - Sam Rami
The part with the old crone and the deadly dentures made my flesh crawl.  :o
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

Quote from: horrorhunter on June 24, 2014, 08:32:19 PM
The part with the old crone and the deadly dentures made my flesh crawl.  :o
I would French kiss that old crone any day.

RedKing

Godzilla vs Hedorah 1971 Looks simply stunning on BluRay. I just wish they had included the AIP Godzilla vs the Smog Monster version as the dubbing from AIP is alot better than Toho's dubbing.
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

scarey1scd

Do you know where you are, Bartolome? I'll tell you where you are. You are about to enter Hell, Bartolome, HELL!...

scarey1scd

Do you know where you are, Bartolome? I'll tell you where you are. You are about to enter Hell, Bartolome, HELL!...

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Rockshasa

I just picked up the Bela Lugosi Collection boxset. Watched Murders in the Rue Morgue the other night, and watched The Black Cat lastnight. Really enjoyed both of them! Tonight it's going to be Die Monster Die!

Mord

Quote from: Rockshasa on June 25, 2014, 08:38:15 PM
I just picked up the Bela Lugosi Collection boxset. Watched Murders in the Rue Morgue the other night, and watched The Black Cat lastnight. Really enjoyed both of them! Tonight it's going to be Die Monster Die!
That Lugosi collection is one of the very best Universal sets. The Black Cat rules!

RedKing

Totally agree Mord. It should have been called the Lugosi/Karloff collection but whatever you call it, it is great!

Watched Have Rocket Will Travel 1959 last night. The debut feature film for new third Stooge Curly-Joe. The boys are janitors at a rocket base and end up making super rocket fuel and blasting themselves to Venus where they tangle with a giant firebreathing tarantula(!), a talking unicorn and a treacherous computer mastermind that creates robot doubles of the boys. (Curly-joe-"Boy they made (robot) Moe real ugly!" Larry-"I think he's uglier in person!")

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on June 25, 2014, 11:51:14 PM
That Lugosi collection is one of the very best Universal sets. The Black Cat rules!

I agree, great set. Murders in the Rue Morgue way a head of its time, in terms of torture theme. Black Cat one of the best horror films ever IMO. Prob Universal's darkest film. I really enjoy Black Friday too---I think it's underrated.

Memphremagog

Santanico Pandemonium(1974)
Blade Runner(1982)
The Omen(1976)
The Killer Shrews(1959)
Giant Gila Monster(1959)
The Sorcerers(1967)
The Wicker Man(1973)
Doctor Who: The Time Meddler(1965)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Howler

"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

Mord

Quote from: RedKing on June 26, 2014, 07:03:03 AM
Totally agree Mord. It should have been called the Lugosi/Karloff collection but whatever you call it, it is great!

I think it should be rereleased as a 3 disc set (DVD & Blu-ray) and retitled the Karloff/Lugosi Legacy Collection. Disc one should include "Murders in the Rue Morgue"(Lugosi) and "The Old Dark House"(Karloff). Disc 2 would feature "The Black Cat" and "The Raven". Then the 3rd one would have "The Invisible Ray" and "Black Friday". Commentaries and documentaries can be added (especially for The Black Cat & The Raven). These are some of the very best Universal horror films and should be treated as such.

RedKing

Mord

Quote from: RedKing on June 26, 2014, 04:37:15 PM
I love that idea Mord!
Thanks, buddy. Get me a job at Universal and I'll make it happen.