Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehorror

Quote from: Mord on February 21, 2014, 03:14:21 PM
Wrong! "You're Next" was best horror film last year and beats any Friday 13th. The heroine is the most resourceful one since Ripley (check out how she handles a blender). Give it a chance and make up your own mind. Hey, it's refreshing enough to watch a horror film without any supernatural bullsh*t or zombies nowadays.

Yeah, she took cues from every revenge flick out there, Nancy from Nightmare on Elm Street and Kevin from Home Alone; the movie was just full of stupid people being very ineffectual.....unless of course their goal was to see which one could get killed first!

Friday the 13th(s) are what they are, this thing tried to be something more but the overall premise just doesn't make any sense by the time the big twist(s) are revealed!  The film would have been actually decent if it didn't have the subplot!

Just remember folks, I warned you.......You're Next......to watch a lame ass flick and waste 95min of your time!

SPOILER

I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone that wants to see it but guns would have been a much quicker way of getting this whole thing done!!  Why would these "killers" bring nothing but insufficient weapons for a cut and dry job?!

Mord

Hell, I was going to name it the best film ever made until I remembered about "The Black Cat" & "Bride of Frankenstein". Trust me, "You're Next" is well worth your 95 minutes, and then some.  YOU WILL NEVER SEE A BETTER FILM IN YOUR LIFETIME AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!! 

McDougals House of Horror

Quote from: Mord on February 21, 2014, 06:30:48 PM
Hell, I was going to name it the best film ever made until I remembered about "The Black Cat" & "Bride of Frankenstein". Trust me, "You're Next" is well worth your 95 minutes, and then some.  YOU WILL NEVER SEE A BETTER FILM IN YOUR LIFETIME AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!

O.K. Mord, I'm going to trust you...based on your rave review (and after watching the trailer on YouTube) I ordered one of these from Amazon (I don't remember ever seeing it on any of my 8 million cable channels). But if it sucks...YOU'RE NEXT!!  ;)
"Do you know what I've got in those crates?"

Mord

Quote from: McDougals House of Horror on February 21, 2014, 06:52:56 PM
O.K. Mord, I'm going to trust you...based on your rave review (and after watching the trailer on YouTube) I ordered one of these from Amazon (I don't remember ever seeing it on any of my 8 million cable channels). But if it sucks...YOU'RE NEXT!!  ;)
I accept the challenge. The first 4 minutes leave to think that it's your standard home invasion flick. About 27 minutes in, all hell breaks loose and you're in for a fun ride. Though, remember, I tend to be a tad bit of a smartass, so it probably isn't the greatest film ever made (that might be your beloved "A & C Meets Frankenstein"). BTW, Barbara Crampton is absolutely lovely. They had to frump her down a little for the movie (but it didn't really work).

typhooforme

THE SKULL---which I hadn't seen in a long time.  Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Michael Gough, Patrck Wymark, a perfect cast for a British horror.  Dir. by Freddie Francis--it's an Amicus film, 1965, from a story by Robert Block, about a collector of eldritch antiquities who has the good luck--or IS is good luck?--to acquire the skull of the Marquis de Sade! 
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

Mord

BagHead - cool indie film (not fully horror)

McDougals House of Horror

Quote from: Mord on February 21, 2014, 09:38:38 PM
  BagHead - cool indie film (not fully horror)

I think I dated her at one time.
"Do you know what I've got in those crates?"

Mord

RedKing

Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

typhooforme

Tonight's movie:  THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH, starring Anton Diffring, Hazel Court and Christopher Lee.  This was to have starred Cushing, but he turned it down.  Heck of a good flick anyhow, as Diffring really took the role and ran with it.  1959, it's a Cadogan Film (Hammer Film Production).  Directed by Terence Fisher.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

Mord

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Bride and the Beast(1958)
When A Stranger Calls(2007)
Voodoo Island(1957)
The Lorilei's Grasp(1973)
The Pharoah's Curse(1957)
Doctor Who: Planet Of Giants(1964)
In the Mouth Of Madness(1995)
Queen Of the Damned(2002)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

RedKing

Plan 9 From Outer Space 1959-one of my all time favorite flicks!!
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!