Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshadow

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Not nearly as big a turd as I feared it might be. Actually somewhat entertaining, as long as you are willing to just go with it and buy old Honest Abe as a Matrix-style axe-wielding bad-ass vampire killer.

general gruesome

The House on the Edge of the Park [1980] - sleazefest with lots of rape and an awesome setting, It's a decent film but not Deodatos best

Nightmare City [1980] - A sort of Zombie film with awesome sequences and real low-budget sleazefest as well, It's cool as well and the Zombies or crazed people or whatever were decent and worth a watch

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Malevolence (2003)~These guys weren't hiding what their favorite movies are; This was equal parts Halloween, TCM and Friday the 13th with music cues reminiscent of all those movies and a little NOES thrown in too!  If you can overlook some stilted/bad acting it isn't all that bad but don't go in expecting to be blown away by a new take on an old monster, it is pretty much standard slasher fair!  For some reason it kept reminding me of Scarecrows (1988) as well, I suppose it was the whole bank robbery angle?!

DoctorDeath

Paladin

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Entertaining, but not as good as Trek VI...
"Traveler of both time and space..."

Phantom Stranger

"The Raven" (2012)
                    _John Cusack

Plot: IMDB
When a madman begins committing horrific murders inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's works, a young Baltimore detective joins forces with Poe to stop him from making his stories a reality.

Phantom's Review:

This is a great murder mystery. Well acted, very atmospheric, interesting story and a bit of gore. Cusack is terrific as Edgar Allan Poe. The film has a bit of a "From Hell"/"Sleepy Hollow" feel to it but it works to it's advantage. Very entertaining movie.

Zackuth

"Listen to them; the children of the night.  What music they make!"  Dracula

zombiehorror

Hammer House of Horror; Children of the Full Moon, Carpathian Eagle, Guardian of the Abyss, Visitor from the Grave

DoctorDeath

Bride of the Gorilla - Really enjoyed it, though I think Lon Chaney, Jr. would've worked better as the beast than Raymond Burr.

marsattacks666

The Possession of Nurse Sherri ( aka: Nurse Sherri - 1978 )
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

Clumpy the Satanic Clown( 1971 )
Born on Bloody Mountain (1973)
From Hell it Came (1971)
Basements are for Hiding (1974)
Drink Her Plasma (1974)

Rich

Friday the 13th Part 3
The Invisible Man Returns
Listen to them. Children of the Night. What music they make!

Moonshadow

Quote from: Phantom Stranger on January 21, 2013, 08:05:22 PM
"The Raven" (2012)
                    _John Cusack

Plot: IMDB
When a madman begins committing horrific murders inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's works, a young Baltimore detective joins forces with Poe to stop him from making his stories a reality.

Phantom's Review:

This is a great murder mystery. Well acted, very atmospheric, interesting story and a bit of gore. Cusack is terrific as Edgar Allan Poe. The film has a bit of a "From Hell"/"Sleepy Hollow" feel to it but it works to it's advantage. Very entertaining movie.

I've been thinking about seeing this. OK, you convinced me, I'm adding it to the Netflix queue!