Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scatter

The Spell (1977)- "Misery chases overweight teen Rita Matchett (Susan Myers), who is rejected by her classmates and ridiculed by her sister, Kristina (Helen Hunt), but when the brooding outcast discovers her telekinetic powers, her thoughts turn from inner loathing to outright revenge."

Made for TV movie.........a great little flick in the grand tradition of the Golden Age of TV horror, the 70s!! Great acting, great story, and a great twist of an ending that caught me completely by surprise. Scatter gives it 8 bananas out of 10.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

long live kong

Will have to look that one up Scatter. As soon as the little one falls asleep we'll be watching The Thing From Another World.
Monster lovers never grow old....

Unknown Primate

MAD DOCTOR OF BLOOD ISLAND (1968)

I first saw this flick at the Drive-In, co-featured with BLOOD DEMON, when I was 12 or 13 years old.  It's a sequel to BRIDES OF BLOOD (that I watched last week).  Directed by Gerardo de Leon & Eddie Romero & filmed in the Phillipines.  Once again, creepy jungle scenes, naked island babes, gore galore and a green-blooded monster/mad doctor.  Stars John Ashley, Angelique Pettyjohn & Ronald Remy.  Not as good as Brides of Blood and some of the camera work was dizzying, but I still enjoyed it immensely as a blast from my monster-kid past.

Next up in the Blood Island series, BEAST OF BLOOD - really looking forward to this one!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Scatter

Quote from: long live kong on January 12, 2011, 02:53:38 PM

Will have to look that one up Scatter. As soon as the little one falls asleep we'll be watching The Thing From Another World.

We caught it on Netflix streaming. Love those 70s TV movies!

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Scatter on January 12, 2011, 03:40:24 PM
We caught it on Netflix streaming. Love those 70s TV movies!

How is that working for you? Are you hard wired into the router or wireless? Our wireless not working for Netflix
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Scatter

Quote from: Opera Ghost on January 12, 2011, 04:51:43 PM
How is that working for you? Are you hard wired into the router or wireless? Our wireless not working for Netflix

Wireless, through both the Wii and the Roku box. Did you go through the setup?? What are you using to capture the Netflix stream?? You can't just pull it from the router to your TV without an intermediate "catcher" like a Wii or a Roku or some DVD/Bluray players, or a TIVO hooked to your broadband. Do you have any of these Rob??

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Scatter on January 12, 2011, 05:16:52 PM
Wireless, through both the Wii and the Roku box. Did you go through the setup?? What are you using to capture the Netflix stream?? You can't just pull it from the router to your TV without an intermediate "catcher" like a Wii or a Roku or some DVD/Bluray players, or a TIVO hooked to your broadband. Do you have any of these Rob??

We actually got Sony BluRay disk players and my wife/step daugher tried to link from downstairs to router upstairs via wifi. I have not yet tried in the TV room, but friends and co-workers here say that the wireless is too ineffective.
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

slayergriffith

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Unknown Primate on January 12, 2011, 03:11:35 PM

I first saw this flick at the Drive-In, co-featured with BLOOD DEMON, when I was 12 or 13 years old.  It's a sequel to BRIDES OF BLOOD (that I watched last week).  Directed by Gerardo de Leon & Eddie Romero & filmed in the Phillipines.  Once again, creepy jungle scenes, naked island babes, gore galore and a green-blooded monster/mad doctor.  Stars John Ashley, Angelique Pettyjohn & Ronald Remy.  Not as good as Brides of Blood and some of the camera work was dizzying, but I still enjoyed it immensely as a blast from my monster-kid past.

Next up in the Blood Island series, BEAST OF BLOOD - really looking forward to this one!

U.P.   some of my favorites of the Al Adamson/Sam Sherman collection. Have you watched, Brain of Blood yet?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Scatter

Quote from: Opera Ghost on January 12, 2011, 05:32:37 PM
We actually got Sony BluRay disk players and my wife/step daugher tried to link from downstairs to router upstairs via wifi. I have not yet tried in the TV room, but friends and co-workers here say that the wireless is too ineffective.

If you can stream from the router upstairs to your computer with no trouble, then you can stream Netflix. It's very adaptable to various stream strengths. Put it this way.............I watch streaming Netflix at work with a 4" parabolic dish stealing a signal from a house 1/4 of a mile away.

In your Blu-Ray player, are you able to get to a menu where it searches for a WiFi signal?? Does your Blu-Ray have wireless capability??

Here is a list of all the compatible devices you can use to capture the Netflix stream:

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevices

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Scatter on January 12, 2011, 06:10:36 PM
If you can stream from the router upstairs to your computer with no trouble, then you can stream Netflix. It's very adaptable to various stream strengths. Put it this way.............I watch streaming Netflix at work with a 4" parabolic dish stealing a signal from a house 1/4 of a mile away.

In your Blu-Ray player, are you able to get to a menu where it searches for a WiFi signal?? Does your Blu-Ray have wireless capability??

Here is a list of all the compatible devices you can use to capture the Netflix stream:

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevices

Yep I've gotten it on my laptop. Like I said, I have not yet tried it so it may be no big deal...just polling for experiences--and thanks!

RedKing

Quote from: Unknown Primate on January 12, 2011, 03:11:35 PM

Love the Blood island series!

I watched The Witches Mountain(1970) a disturbing Spanish film about , well, witches. It was fairly creepy and I thought it's storyline predated Blair Witch Project by decades. Of course perhaps the scariest element was the lead male's thick 70's moustache
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

BaronLatos35

- Prince of Darkness

Caught this on TV while my daughter was taking a nap. First horror/monster movie in awhile!

The ending always left me thinking. Cheesy 80's vibe running through out the movie, but it is John Carpenter.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Memphremagog

Piranha(2010)...pretty entertaining, if only for all the hotties running around.

Doctor Who: Masque Of Mandragora(1976)..vintage WHO with Tom Baker at his best battlling the Cult Of Demnos and the Mandragora Helix in 1492 Italy!

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

RedKing

The Bat with Vincent Price, Agnes Moorehead and Darla Hood from the Little Rascals all grown up! I have always liked this movie alot if only for the great cast and catchy theme music.
Quote from: BaronLatos35 on January 13, 2011, 01:15:01 PM
- Prince of Darkness

Caught this on TV while my daughter was taking a nap. First horror/monster movie in awhile!

The ending always left me thinking. Cheesy 80's vibe running through out the movie, but it is John Carpenter.
Plus it has Alice Cooper as a creepy homeless guy and ALice did an awesome song for the movie too.
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!