Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantom Stranger

"The Livng Ghost" (1944)
-James Dunn

Plot: IMDB

Wise-cracking ex-detective Nick Trayne is called in to try to find the whereabouts of wealthy kidnap victim Walter Craig. Craig unexpectedly turns up alive but with apparent brain damage, leaving him in a zombified state. Trayne and his perky assistant Billie Hilton have their work cut out for them as they must sift through a houseload of possible suspects to get at the culprit.

Phantom's Review: Low budget attempt to recreate the Bob Hope style of thriller-comedy. It's an okay film, but don't go out of your way to find it.

Gillman-Fan

Scatter

DISCLAIMER........Nancy ordered this movie. Not me. She didn't notice it starred The Hoff. Let's hope she's more careful next time.

Witchery
1988 R 96 minutes

In this spine-tingler, Gary (David Hasselhoff) and his girlfriend, Linda (Catherine Hickland), are researching witchcraft. They travel to an old, reputedly haunted hotel on a Massachusetts island, where they meet pregnant Jane Brooks (Linda Blair) and her family, who are considering buying the hotel. When a fierce storm traps them all on the island, the group begins to experience evil -- in the form of a bitter homicidal witch (Hildegarde Knef).

Scatter's Chatter;

I could grow roses on the moon with fertilizer this potent. An absolute stinkfest from the first frame. Except for seeing the Hoff die (ALWAYS a bonus, and something we should be seeing in real life in the near future unless we suddenly run out of booze and choke-sized cheeseburgers), it would have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

BaronLatos35

"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Scatter on July 15, 2010, 04:41:17 PM
DISCLAIMER........Nancy ordered this movie. Not me. She didn't notice it starred The Hoff. Let's hope she's more careful next time.

Witchery
1988 R 96 minutes

In this spine-tingler, Gary (David Hasselhoff) and his girlfriend, Linda (Catherine Hickland), are researching witchcraft. They travel to an old, reputedly haunted hotel on a Massachusetts island, where they meet pregnant Jane Brooks (Linda Blair) and her family, who are considering buying the hotel. When a fierce storm traps them all on the island, the group begins to experience evil -- in the form of a bitter homicidal witch (Hildegarde Knef).

I gave my copy to Good Will. Ah Pitty da fool that bought it.  >:D

FACTO2

The Omega Man.  Got a really cheap copy on Blu Ray and was amazed how good it looked.
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

Scatter

Quote from: Wicked Lester on July 15, 2010, 07:05:09 PM
I gave my copy to Good Will. Ah Pitty da fool that bought it.  >:D

You shoulda just burned it. ;D

Scatter

Quote from: FACTO2 on July 15, 2010, 07:20:24 PM
The Omega Man.  Got a really cheap copy on Blu Ray and was amazed how good it looked.

Just watched this one myself. Cool flick!

josezombiekillr

Just remember. There are such things.

slayergriffith

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Opera Ghost

"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

zombiehorror

Never Sleep Again~a must see for Nightmare on Elm Street fans!!

BaronLatos35

"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."

MDG

MDG

BaronLatos35

- Blood: The Last Vampire (this is good for the stylized martial arts only)

- White Zombie w/ Count Gore and The Bone Jangler...again.