THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 19, 2019, 07:11:15 PM
Krazy glue should do it.
I am still awaiting mine. The waiting is always a real terror. The USPS gives me nightmares.

We don't have Krazy glue in the Uk (well not that I've seen), but I used what I thought was 5 minute two part epoxy glue which turned out to be the slower setting version. Bit of a nightmare at times trying to reattach the head but after some constant cleaning up and positioning I think I've managed to do it.

I ended up clearing the old glue out from inside the head with a scalpel and then trimmed the neck down to get her head to sit pretty straight which I prefer now when displaying her. For me it was worth the effort although this is the first time I've needed to fiddle with one of these figures as I like to keep them as they arrive.

She's a great figure though and I'm really happy to have picked one up, great sculpt and paints and I love the dressing gown. I'm going to leave her for a couple more hors before putting her back in the cabinet to make sure the glue has fully set but looking forward to seeing next months releases.

Ian

Anton Phibes

My Amelia arrived today! She's really awesome! Great Karen Black likeness. Tons better than the pics on the ad slick email. If you don't have one: find a way to get one. It's awesome!

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 29, 2019, 03:31:30 PM
My Amelia arrived today! She's really awesome! Great Karen Black likeness. Tons better than the pics on the ad slick email. If you don't have one: find a way to get one. It's awesome!

She really is a great figure and now that I've straightened the head out a little more she's looking nice on display. Not sure if anyone guessed next months releases but it can't be long now to find out  :D

Ian

Mord

My friend claims his Amelia has very short arms. Does anyone else have this complaint?

Anton Phibes

Same body as Black Sunday. They aren't short.  ???

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 29, 2019, 06:28:08 PM
Thanks, I told him that. You know who I'm talking about. It looks fine to me (even better than the DD pics)

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on October 29, 2019, 06:30:59 PM
Thanks, I told him that. You know who I'm talking about. It looks fine to me (even better than the DD pics)

For a figure with such minimal wardrobe, the face and Zuni had to be stellar for this figure. Mission accomplished. It is really great. If your friend doesn't want his....we have a mutual friend who would buy it from him.

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 29, 2019, 06:28:08 PM
Not short, but certainly very petite.  Hands and feet appear a little small in comparison to the head.  Still not the biggest fan of the female body types for these figures; they have serious issues with their feet going all over the place and are not very stable.  As mentioned earlier, the sculpts and paint (and overall presentation) on these ladies are so good that I can easily overlook the flaws with the body. 

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 29, 2019, 06:35:40 PM
For a figure with such minimal wardrobe, the face and Zuni had to be stellar for this figure. Mission accomplished. It is really great. If your friend doesn't want his....we have a mutual friend who would buy it from him.

Nah, he's keeping it. Heck, I would buy it, if he were selling it. It looks awesome and it's a fantastic film. I regret not having bought that large Zuni doll from years ago.

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Mord on October 29, 2019, 06:40:54 PM
Nah, he's keeping it. Heck, I would buy it, if he were selling it. It looks awesome and it's a fantastic film. I regret not having bought that large Zuni doll from years ago.
Mord, if you have it in your budget, you might want to pick up the Zuni Fetish Warrior Prop Replica from Hollywood Collectibles Group released a few months back.  It was molded directly from the only surviving original model, and looks amazing!  I think it goes for slightly under $300 if you can find anymore available; I believe 150 pieces were made worldwide.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on October 29, 2019, 06:51:45 PM
Mord, if you have it in your budget, you might want to pick up the Zuni Fetish Warrior Prop Replica from Hollywood Collectibles Group released a few months back.  It was molded directly from the only surviving original model, and looks amazing!  I think it goes for slightly under $300 if you can find anymore available; I believe 150 pieces were made worldwide.

Say what, now? I have the one Amok Time did....but I dunno what this is. I shall investigate.

Mord

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on October 29, 2019, 06:51:45 PM
Wow, I hadn't even heard of that one. Thanks for the heads up, Joseph. Btw, did you get one? I always like to see in hand reports.

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 29, 2019, 06:58:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ndVUyEjxg
Thanks, Anton, you answered my question. Kinda pricey considering the Amok one went for 40 bucks.

Anton Phibes

If I only had the scratch. These days I am more interested in simply trying to maintain what I have rather than get more. I do get stuff from time to time, and would love to have one of these. They have payment plans,and its still available,lol.