Jeff Yagher 1/4 Scale models

Started by CanIgetanEamon, October 21, 2021, 10:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanIgetanEamon

Hi there! I've been searching for a series of kits of Universal monsters sculpted by Jeff Yagher. He did all the big ones, Frankenstein's creature, the Bride,the Mummy,  Dracula, etc. I cannot however find who produced them. Anyone know who produced them or have any idea where I may be able to pick them up? I understand I may be very late on these, but figured I'd try! Thank you!

The Frankenstein piece:
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images2/1/0117/28/frankenstein-bust-jeff-yagher_1_46c3c483fc6bf31a0d8e93610ed53654.jpg

Anton Phibes

Link goes nowhere but 403 error. Yagher 1/4 scales were by Kit Kong, and he stopped making them. He sold the modls, I don't remember to whom.

Rotomann

Hi guys and gals, This is rotomann (randy) from Lil' Monsters. I purchased rights and molds from James at Kit Kong after making some of his molds and casting for him for several years. Eventually they will all be remolded. Several of the kits were just masters that I had my Sculptor Matt Manit clean up for remolding. The creature master I got needed work and now looks great.
  I also decided to try and add an extra to several of the kits. Matt and I talked about that and were able to come up with extras for several like the Wolfman cane and Phantom mask.  There are pieces for several others and if we can come up with something I will add it. I would like to do it for all of them.
  This is my first time looking at the site and my first post. I hope im following the rules.
I was going to brings these back out earlier but a life changing event this last
Thanksgiving knocked the stuffing out of me. One I am trying to get through and accept.
  So if you missed these beauties last time here comes another chance. Sorry I did not get either of his Draculas or COTW.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Rotomann

looks like a fun site. i'm just starting to work myself through it. So far pushing lots of buttons but not a lot going on. But i'll keep trying

Anton Phibes

Randy, I get a lot of folks who ask "where did you get that?" regarding my Kit Kong Wolfman and Creature. So when you get a site up and running, post a link. I will see if some of the curipus friends will turn into customers for you. Thanks, and velcome. 8) 8)

Hepcat

Quote from: Rotomann on February 11, 2024, 05:34:50 PMSo far pushing lots of buttons but not a lot going on.

Huh?! Do you mean you're not finding much here of interest?

???

Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on February 11, 2024, 10:51:09 PM
Do you mean you're not finding much here of interest?

I didn't get that, either.  :laugh:
CREATURE FAN

Rotomann

No not that at all. im just learning the site. I meant ive been pushing buttons thinking I knew where they would go. Some do and some go to a new place. It will just take some time. Ive heard of UMA for a while but just never had a chance to join. Been so busy and crazy stuff going on.  Only other place ive been has been the Clubhouse for the last number of years.
  Nothing here of interest? I could spend hours on here and when i figure it all out Im sure I will. Universal is the gift that keeps on giving.
Thanks Anton. I dont have a website. Been in business since '96. I'll finish my profile and there will be contact info and I am checking here more often.

Hepcat

Quote from: CanIgetanEamon on October 21, 2021, 10:12:09 PMI've been searching for a series of kits of Universal monsters sculpted by Jeff Yagher. He did all the big ones, Frankenstein's creature, the Bride,the Mummy,  Dracula, etc.

Quote from: Rotomann on February 11, 2024, 06:51:02 AMI purchased rights and molds from James at Kit Kong after making some of his molds and casting for him for several years. Eventually they will all be remolded. Several of the kits were just masters that I had my Sculptor Matt Manit clean up for remolding. The creature master I got needed work and now looks great.
  I also decided to try and add an extra to several of the kits. Matt and I talked about that and were able to come up with extras for several like the Wolfman cane and Phantom mask.  There are pieces for several others and if we can come up with something I will add it. I would like to do it for all of them.

About how many pieces are there in these model kits? And are they made of styrene plastic or some substitute material?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Rotomann

Hello Hepcat. Most of these are one piece body, separate head and arms. Bases ate lage some one piece others up to 4 pieces and then accessory pieces. Like wolfman is base with hay bale and wagon wheel and I added 1/4 scale wolf head cane.
  They are cast resin. Bodies heavy rotocast and the rest solid

Mike Scott

Quote from: Rotomann on February 12, 2024, 05:01:57 PM
No not that at all. im just learning the site.

If you get stuck on anything, like making an avatar for instance, just PM me. Don't forget to visit the "Media" section for photos of UM collectibles.
CREATURE FAN

Rotomann

Thanks i will keep that in mind. Ive been doing a lot of looking. Great stuff. Got a bunch of orders to get cast and shipped and then I can jump into this.

Hopefullygoodgrammar

Do you have any pictures of your castings? I'm pretty curious now.

Rotomann

Until I get up and going on here the best to do would be Google -   Kit Kong Yagher_______ (Frankenstein  Bride  Mummy  Wolfman  Phantom  Creature  Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde)  This should bring up pics of all. Since I was casting for James for the last 4 years or more they are probably my castings.