Telco Universal Monsters Questions

Started by ramsey37, October 26, 2011, 04:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

I had these back in the day, and the boxes were crap even new on the shelves at Wal Mart. I suppose nice boxes could be found. But I would imagine they are few and far between. I even had the uber expensive Mummy. Alas, it was during one of my "rough patches" in life that I post it, when I sold everything off for the second time. These I never managed to get back. But maybe I will slowly but surely....and most definitely not worried about having the boxes.  8). The Mummy will be the hardest to score as the last couple on ebay have sold for 3-5 hundred. Which is big money in my neck of the woods,lol. :angel:

I have sold my collection off to bare walls on more than one occasion. I have always managed to get nearly everything back. But not quite everything,lol. :angel:

horrorhunter

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 21, 2015, 02:29:04 PM
I have sold my collection off to bare walls on more than one occasion. I have always managed to get nearly everything back. But not quite everything,lol. :angel:
I've sold things in the past that I regretted getting rid of, but never had a big life changing purge, thank goodness. I really regret selling some playsets in the late '90s for far too little, and having to pay way more to get some of them back. The thing that I regret selling the most was a VF+ (no lie, I grade by Overstreet standards) copy of FM #3 I picked up for 5 bucks! at a comic shop. It had off-white pages! I sold it and some other stuff for $125 in the late '90s, and a couple of years later I got serious about collecting monster mags, and really regretted selling it. I replaced it a few years ago with a G-VG copy a little before I completed my FM collection. I'll probably never see another high grade #3, unless it's on a dealer's display board slabbed for $500 or more (maybe MUCH more). At this point I'm just glad my early FMs are in the VG range. Most of them you see on eBay range from low grade to wretched condition, with tape, clippings, missing pages, and other condition problems.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

raycastile

I've never had the battery-operated Mummy, but I have an electric 21" Mummy.

Raymond Castile

Anton Phibes

They definitely spent more time on the larger version's paint apps. For whatever reason, I always liked the battery operated ones more than the plug in the wall versions. Maybe I was expecting a nuclear holocaust and still wanted to hear Wolfman howl,lol. Just scored a Frankenstein for 24.00. I will probably pick these up on the cheap except for Mummy. Bride might be a little high....but not much.

It was my wife who prompted me to try and round these back up. She was going thru some old video of me showing them to one of our children while they were a baby in a pumkinseat,lol.  :angel: :angel:

Universal Steve

Quote from: raycastile on November 21, 2015, 04:56:21 PM
I've never had the battery-operated Mummy, but I have an electric 21" Mummy.

I never saw any Mummys anywhere when I bought them new. It was a few years later I got a Bride off E-Bay. Mummy is the only one I don't have.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

jimm