What are your favourite Palmer monsters?

Started by Hepcat, February 11, 2012, 01:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknown Primate

I checked Gorgo, Kong & Frank.  I had them all as a kid, but haven't seen one in person (or monster) for probably 45 years!  They all look supercool to me - and I might have to slooooowly try to collect them in the future.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

bigbud

Hey ya UP! Did I miss your return by way of another thread? Is all well with ya?      Buddy

Unknown Primate

Yep, Bud, and thanks for asking!  I posted my return on the "Guess what...Valentine's Day?" thread in General Discussion.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Hepcat

Quote from: Unknown Primate on February 16, 2012, 04:25:55 PM
I checked Gorgo, Kong & Frank.  I had them all as a kid....

That's reason enough right there!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

mjbare

I never had these as a boy but a neighbor did. I'm suprised that I didn't steal Kong & Gorgo. Ma must have raised me well right from the start. LOL

Anyway, I don't remember if Frank, Drac, It were there but I do remember that the kid had some dinosaurs. So, Fay Wray became Supergirl and fought all the giant monsters when I was able to play with those toys.

Michael
Tish, you spoke French!!  You know it drives me wild when you spead French!!!

Monolith

Here are my Palmers. The yellow Gorgo and the blue Kong I've had since I was a kid. I like 'em all, but I guess if I had to pick 3 favorite's it would be Gorgo, Kong and IT. I think a Reptillicus would've been cool, or Sanda and Gaira from War Of The Gargantuas, I would love to see more monsters added, somebody should make more.

Toy Ranch

I had a Red Dracula and a Blue Frankenstein when I was a kid.  Those are my faves.

My "every monster in every (regular) color has been whittled down to one of each, and I recently took some new photos.

poseablemonster

I love 'em all.  I guess my very favorite one would have to be The Creature, but Frankie and Wolfman are close.  To me, these sculpts epitomise monster toys of the 60's.  There is a crudeness to them, but it comes with such character and charm.  Just look at Frankie's face; it says it all.

Hepcat

Quote from: mjbare on March 15, 2012, 03:16:14 PM
...but I do remember that the kid had some dinosaurs. So, Fay Wray became Supergirl and fought all the giant monsters when I was able to play with those toys.

Good stuff! Cool idea!

8)

jjktkk

You guys have got some great Palmers.  I've been trying to start a collection, so if anyone on here has a Palmer Cyclops for sale, I'd be interested.

horror1o1

I love any that I can get my hands on. lol! =)
It's all about the Horror.

Street Worm

Gorgo, It & Cyclops for me!  ;D

While I love the 'classic' Universal Monsters, I always like
when toy cos. make the other guys~

Hepcat

Quote from: Toy Ranch on March 16, 2012, 06:59:43 AM

My "every monster in every (regular) color has been whittled down to one of each, and I recently took some new photos.

Yours are fabulous!

Quote from: Street Worm on April 11, 2012, 06:47:28 AM
Gorgo, It & Cyclops for me!  ;D

While I love the 'classic' Universal Monsters, I always like
when toy cos. make the other guys~

Absolutely! And I wish Aurora had made a few more monster models including a Mole Man and a Metaluna Mutant.

8)

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Hepcat on April 11, 2012, 08:49:57 AM
Yours are fabulous!

Absolutely! And I wish Aurora had made a few more monster models including a Mole Man and a Metaluna Mutant.

8)

Add a Monster of Piedras Blancas for me.
ADAM

Hepcat

There's still a tremendous battle here for the silver. Here are the leaders:

Gorgo 18
It 11
Frankenstein 11
Creature 9
King Kong with Fay Wray 8

cl:)