Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 04:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

A couple of Christmas presents from my daughter

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

Girlfriend from Hell(1989) bluray Vinegar Sydrome

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Great scores Memph and Mars. I picked up some new flicks as well.  :)

2022-01-27_11-14-12 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2022-01-27_11-14-28 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2022-01-27_11-14-21 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2022-01-27_11-15-26 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Mike...In 3-D!

I didn't want to start a new thread and this one fits the bill close enough. I have been adding a lot of Hammer horror blu-rays to my library and at this point I have about 75% of the movies. I purchased and watched The Quatermass Xperiment a few months ago and I didn't love it. I didn't think it was bad but it just didn't pull me in. Are Quatermass II or Quatermass and the Pit more or less the same as the original or are they different enough to pick up as blind buys and add them to the library?
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on February 15, 2022, 03:04:50 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread and this one fits the bill close enough. I have been adding a lot of Hammer horror blu-rays to my library and at this point I have about 75% of the movies. I purchased and watched The Quatermass Xperiment a few months ago and I didn't love it. I didn't think it was bad but it just didn't pull me in. Are Quatermass II or Quatermass and the Pit more or less the same as the original or are they different enough to pick up as blind buys and add them to the library? 

You haven't seen Quatermass and the Pit?  Get this one for sure.  It is the prize of the series.

I'm not crazy about the other two, either.
ADAM

Mike Scott

I like all three, but "Pit" is the classic!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

Latest arrivals:

DARK SHADOWS COMPLETE ORIGINAL SERIES box set:

NIGHT GALLERY SEASON ONE blu ray

DARK SHADOWS:

Lunkenstein

I've heard that DS coffin set is great. A bit pricey though for me right now. I've been watching the series on Tubi and really enjoying it. From the original airings, I remembered up to Quentin for a while. Don't think I made it to the 1890's storylines though. They are new to me. Such a fun show. I like to watch it Monday thru Friday and often around 4pm like the original run.
Paul

Memphremagog

Quote from: Lunkenstein on February 26, 2022, 12:35:47 PM
I've heard that DS coffin set is great. A bit pricey though for me right now. I've been watching the series on Tubi and really enjoying it. From the original airings, I remembered up to Quentin for a while. Don't think I made it to the 1890's storylines though. They are new to me. Such a fun show. I like to watch it Monday thru Friday and often around 4pm like the original run.

I've come to love Dark Shadows, the coffin set is wonderful, indeed. I got it on Ebay for a very reasonable price as I made the dealer an offer that was far below the $400.00 or so prices that it usually goes for. I didnt think he would go for it, but he did and so it arrived. I was watching it on Tubi as well before this arrived. Currently going through the 1897 Quentin/werewolf storyline. Such wonderful writing back then on this series. Keep an eye for this set on Ebay as sometimes people are looking to unload a surplus of these and they do come down a good deal. There are 131 discs(!) in this set so anything from $200 or lower is a steal. The extras are wonderful and it includes a Jonathan Frid personal autographed card with it as well as the episode guide included.
DARK SHADOWS:

Lunkenstein

Quote from: Memphremagog on February 26, 2022, 03:07:17 PM
I've come to love Dark Shadows, the coffin set is wonderful, indeed. I got it on Ebay for a very reasonable price as I made the dealer an offer that was far below the $400.00 or so prices that it usually goes for. I didnt think he would go for it, but he did and so it arrived. I was watching it on Tubi as well before this arrived. Currently going through the 1897 Quentin/werewolf storyline. Such wonderful writing back then on this series. Keep an eye for this set on Ebay as sometimes people are looking to unload a surplus of these and they do come down a good deal. There are 131 discs(!) in this set so anything from $200 or lower is a steal. The extras are wonderful and it includes a Jonathan Frid personal autographed card with it as well as the episode guide included.

Thanks. Will do. I'm also currently at the 1897 Quentin/werewolf storyline. David Selby is a really good actor.
Paul