Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 04:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: Memphremagog on March 24, 2016, 09:52:41 AM
Just got the last copy of this from Kino as they have lost the license for it and it's now out of print..

I've had that for a long time and still haven't seen the color version.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 24, 2016, 10:03:11 AM
I've had that for a long time and still haven't seen the color version.

I wasnt interested in it so much for the color version as the original itself(I've never seen it) and the extras included, including the commentary.
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mike Scott

Quote from: Memphremagog on March 24, 2016, 10:22:23 AM
I wasnt interested in it so much for the color version as the original itself(I've never seen it) and the extras included, including the commentary.

Yeah, that's why I bought it. I'll get around to watching the color, one of these days.
CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

neonnoodle

Some very nice selections there!

I watched Monster Dog not too long ago, had always been curious about it after seeing it on video store shelves for so long; very entertaining (if silly) flick.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

horrorhunter

Quote from: neonnoodle on March 26, 2016, 04:53:32 PM
Some very nice selections there!

I watched Monster Dog not too long ago, had always been curious about it after seeing it on video store shelves for so long; very entertaining (if silly) flick.
Thanks.

I'm excited to have gotten the BD for Monster Dog. I'm a big Alice Cooper fan and I've never seen it. May pop it in tonight.  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 23, 2016, 05:54:24 PM
Hellraiser III is really underrated.

I disliked most of that film from the get go; saw it in the theater when it came out and for me it just took most of the atmosphere out of the series.  I thought the new Cenobites were boring and straight out of an MTV video and most of the movie felt like a music video too.  It and Bloodline were a mixed bag and if the two could be combined would make one hell of a 3rd entry in the series; remove some of the "MTV-ish" stuff from III and the space stuff from IV.  After that the Hellraiser series went downhill quick it seemed all the scripts were pre-existing and they just wrote Pinhead/the puzzle box into them to call them Hellraiser films.  To be fair I never bothered with Hellworld or Revelations.

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 26, 2016, 07:48:55 PM
Wow! Great collection of blurays/DVDs
Thanks, mars.

I'm splurging a bit since I have some extra money and trying to get some of the movies I've wanted for awhile. I've beaten down that Amazon Wish List pretty well. Also, I finally tracked down some of the really elusive films that I've been wanting for awhile thanks to Memph suggesting Trash Palace. I ordered 3 DVDs from Trash Palace that I've been hunting for years- Cross Of The Devil, The Witching (aka Necromancy), and Mark Of The Devil Part 2 (1973) with Erika Blanc. Also ordered a couple from Cult Action- Witchcraft '70 and the original uncut version White Angel... Black Angel, and Half Human and the original Japanese version of that (both DVDs are 2 discs). Glad to finally get these films.  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 26, 2016, 11:07:15 PM
Thanks, mars.

I'm splurging a bit since I have some extra money and trying to get some of the movies I've wanted for awhile. I've beaten down that Amazon Wish List pretty well. Also, I finally tracked down some of the really elusive films that I've been wanting for awhile thanks to Memph suggesting Trash Palace. I ordered 3 DVDs from Trash Palace that I've been hunting for years- Cross Of The Devil, The Witching (aka Necromancy), and Mark Of The Devil Part 2 (1973) with Erika Blanc. Also ordered a couple from Cult Action- Witchcraft '70 and the original uncut version White Angel... Black Angel, and Half Human and the original Japanese version of that (both DVDs are 2 discs). Glad to finally get these films.  :)

I'm trying to cut in to my movie list, in terms of spending. I had to re-buy  several DVDs/blurays, which is expensive. Finally....the movie list is starting to take shape. In the past week I bought some Image Entertainment/ Something Weird Video-

Smell of Honey/Brick Dollhouse(1965/1970)
The Doll Squad(1972)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

The 3 at the top are from Cult Action. I can't say enough about how professional Cult Action is, and how attractive their disc and case insert art is. They also ship much more securely than Amazon. Both 2-disc DVDs from Cult Action were individually packed in sturdy cardboard boxes taped together, and the discs were in envelopes inside the cases. The Amazon shipment came in one of their wrap-around corrugated packages which doesn't offer protection against crushing. One of the Blu-ray cases was cracked and a couple of DVD cases were dinged and mashed a bit. Thanks, Amazon. A gray market dealer kicks your *ss in packing competency.  ::)

BTW, I have a box of new DVD and BD cases to replace the ones that get damaged by the Postal Apes. And, unfortunately, I use them quite frequently.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 28, 2016, 03:06:51 PM

The 3 at the top are from Cult Action. I can't say enough about how professional Cult Action is, and how attractive their disc and case insert art is. They also ship much more securely than Amazon. Both 2-disc DVDs from Cult Action were individually packed in sturdy cardboard boxes taped together, and the discs were in envelopes inside the cases. The Amazon shipment came in one of their wrap-around corrugated packages which doesn't offer protection against crushing. One of the Blu-ray cases was cracked and a couple of DVD cases were dinged and mashed a bit. Thanks, Amazon. A gray market dealer kicks your *ss in packing competency.  ::)

BTW, I have a box of new DVD and BD cases to replace the ones that get damaged by the Postal Apes. And, unfortunately, I use them quite frequently.

I have the same experience when it comes to receiving DVD/bluray packaging. Thankfully there is a STAPLES near me that still carries
cases both for DVD/bluray. I didn't want to pay online prices or off-
the-grid-prices. Like five hundred for five bucks....

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 28, 2016, 03:41:11 PM
I have the same experience when it comes to receiving DVD/bluray packaging. Thankfully there is a STAPLES near me that still carries
cases both for DVD/bluray. I didn't want to pay online prices or off-
the-grid-prices. Like five hundred for five bucks....
Our Staples doesn't carry DVD/BD cases. Nobody else here does either. I ordered a box of 20 DVD cases and a box of 10 BD cases fairly reasonably off of eBay. If the mail carriers continue their vandalism at the current pace I'll have to order more way before I had intended to.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 28, 2016, 03:48:21 PM
Our Staples doesn't carry DVD/BD cases. Nobody else here does either. I ordered a box of 20 DVD cases and a box of 10 BD cases fairly reasonably off of eBay. If the mail carriers continue their vandalism at the current pace I'll have to order more way before I had intended to.

Wow! Don't get me started on our mail system, or lack there of. As I am
writing this, currently the two DVDs I ordered are now being mailed or are in route. Yeah, right! I have a better chance of receiving an item off-the-grid, within a day.  >:D C:)

Mike Scott

I always get everything mailed to me and everything I mail gets where it's going, in a reasonable amount of time.
CREATURE FAN