Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 04:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: Memphremagog on June 12, 2015, 02:25:25 PM
It is for real, however, the titles listed are DVR's from other companies, not an actual studio release.

The Brain Eaters had an authorized (pressed DVD) release in the UK. Part of the Sam Arkoff Collection, over there. It wasn't included in the US Arkoff collection.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Bogey on June 03, 2015, 07:10:00 AM
Indeed.  I am considering the UK set of the Universal films.  Great reviews on the Dracula and Frankenstein.  I will hold on to the Legacy Collections for the rest of the runs.  Any opinion on the upgrades here?

You can get the UK region free Universal Classic Monsters Blu-ray set for $32.50 obo and free shipping. I couldn't believe the clarity. There are a lot of these available at blow out prices on eBay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Classic-Monsters-The-Essential-Collection-Box-Set-Blu-ray-8-Discs-/321780285147?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aeb997edb

TJLamb0518

Quote from: Memphremagog on June 12, 2015, 02:25:25 PM
It is for real, however, the titles listed are DVR's from other companies, not an actual studio release. Still, this is the ONLY way they are available at the present time.

See.....it's this type of miscommunication that allowed the Nazis to win the War of 1812.

horrorhunter

Zaat (Blu/DVD Combo)
7 Murders For Scotland Yard (DVD, Naschy)

Also upgraded a couple of those Sinister Cinema DVD-Rs:
Devil's Possessed (DVD, Naschy)
Terror Circus (aka Barn Of The Naked Dead) (DVD)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Bogey

neonnoodle

13 Ghosts (1960)

I buy the DVDs of this film, discard the actual discs themselves, and then collect the Ghost-Viewer replicas when I find them, like bubblegum cards.  I have 15,527 of them.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Memphremagog

Got some really nice deals for OOP dvd's on Ebay lately..

Dinosaurus(1960)

Currently going for $80.00 and upwards on Ebay. Scored a copy of this for $12.00!

Quatermass II/Quatermass & the Pit double disc set from Anchor Bay

Got it for $24.00, currently going for $45.00 to $80.00
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mike Scott

Quote from: Memphremagog on June 17, 2015, 03:49:13 PM
Got some really nice deals for OOP dvd's on Ebay lately..

Good scores! I didn't know Dinosaurus was going for that kind of dough. I bought R2 versions of the QMASS movies to avoid the high prices.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Bogey

Quote from: neonnoodle on June 16, 2015, 08:35:27 AM
13 Ghosts (1960)

I buy the DVDs of this film, discard the actual discs themselves, and then collect the Ghost-Viewer replicas when I find them, like bubblegum cards.  I have 15,527 of them.

That's cool.  Can we get a shot of some of your favorites, or are they all the same?

geezer butler

Just ordered:
The Black Sleep (1956)
Pharaoh's Curse (1957)
Village of the Damned/Children of the Damned two disc set

and Jaws on Blue-ray

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 17, 2015, 05:55:31 PM
Good scores! I didn't know Dinosaurus was going for that kind of dough. I bought R2 versions of the QMASS movies to avoid the high prices.

Thanks! It's a funny thing about the Dinosaurus dvd..I was looking for a decent grey market version as this release is so out of price range usually and has been for several years now, when I came across a listing for this original. At first I thought it had to be a bootleg because the bidding was so low for it, however, it proved to be real and was worth the effort.

The Quatermass double-feature is one that I have checked on periodically over the years and it just finally paid off. :)
DARK SHADOWS:

horrorhunter

Quote from: Memphremagog on June 18, 2015, 03:12:48 AM
The Quatermass double-feature is one that I have checked on periodically over the years and it just finally paid off. :)
Smart!

evilBay is just a big cauldron of chaos. If you load up your "watch" list and are patient it will eventually pay off.

Congratulations on the great deals.  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Memphremagog

Quote from: horrorhunter on June 18, 2015, 01:09:40 PM
Smart!

evilBay is just a big cauldron of chaos. If you load up your "watch" list and are patient it will eventually pay off.

Congratulations on the great deals.  :)

Thanks! I'm currently doing the same thing again looking for a sanely priced version of DAUGHTER OF DR.JEKYLL..that is another title that often gets ridiculous asking prices. :(
DARK SHADOWS:

horrorhunter

Quote from: Memphremagog on June 18, 2015, 04:15:45 PM
Thanks! I'm currently doing the same thing again looking for a sanely priced version of DAUGHTER OF DR.JEKYLL..that is another title that often gets ridiculous asking prices. :(
I didn't realize that. I bought that one back in the day. Man, just think how bad it will get in later years since discs are on the way out and streaming and cloud storage is taking over. Collectors need to stock up now or really pay out the wazoo for this stuff down the road. I'm all about the physical media myself.

I'm currently playing the waiting game for The People Who Own The Dark. I wish Code Red had bigger print runs. I've seen the $30 DVD-R version on evilBay but I'll pass on that and probably get a real one even cheaper later on. I'm just thankful I have most of the movies I want on disc. Playing the waiting game on too many might cause a person to wait too long and pay MUCH more later on.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Bogey