Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 14, 2019, 04:23:48 PM
Where's the "dislike" button?   I can't find the dislike button!
It's only temporary. Next up..."Misty Mundae, Euro-vixen Collection" boxed set. 

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mord on March 14, 2019, 04:35:20 PM
It's only temporary. Next up..."Misty Mundae, Euro-vixen Collection" boxed set.

There's nothing like the classics!  ;)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

zombiehorror

The Unnamable~Always enjoyed this one but haven't watched it in awhile; I've still got a vhs copy too.

Galaxy of Terror~Classic-Corman alien rip-off; another one I've not seen in a long time.  I recall watching it on cable back in the early 80's with my parents when I was around 11 years old.

Sleepaway Camp III~A first time watch for me, fun stuff.

geezer butler

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
The Omen (1976)

Mord

Death Proof (2007)  - Great "chicks/cars/revenge" flick from Tarantino's Grindhouse project. Kurt Russell has never been more evil. Very cute girls make it even more enjoyable (they always do, don't they?).

Memphremagog

The Monster(1925)
Captain Marvel(2019)
Forbidden Planet(1956)
Terror Of the Tongs(1961)
Vault Of Horror(1973)
DARK SHADOWS:

Mord

Quote from: Memphremagog on March 15, 2019, 08:31:26 PM
The Monster(1925)
Captain Marvel(2019)
Forbidden Planet(1956)
Terror Of the Tongs(1961)
Vault Of Horror(1973)
What did you think about "Captain Marvel"? Seems less over-the-top than most comic book flicks (from the trailers).

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: zombiehorror on March 13, 2019, 02:00:30 PM
Halloween at Aunt Ethel's (2019)~I was hoping this wasn't going to be as bad as it looked....dumb story, bad acting, bad dialogue, crappy make-up/props. ... 

Really awful.  The lead character was the worst.

ADAM

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mord on March 15, 2019, 09:35:52 PM
What did you think about "Captain Marvel"? Seems less over-the-top than most comic book flicks (from the trailers).

It fits in pretty well with the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Skrulls and Kree were well done..the only problem I had is with the lead actress, who, just seems kind of wooden at times. Perhaps that will change during AVENGERS: ENDGAME.
DARK SHADOWS:

marsattacks666

Killer Klowns from Outer Space-1988(ARROW VIDEO-2018)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Quote from: Memphremagog on March 16, 2019, 06:45:21 AM
..the only problem I had is with the lead actress, who, just seems kind of wooden at times.

I've heard this a lot but myself, wife and daughter didn't have a problem with Brie; overall Marvel fans seem to be split on it.  One thing that it might be is her portrayal of the character trying to understand what has happened to her while having little to no memory to connect any emotion to, choosing instead to be stoic as opposed to emotional about the whole affair; whether that was her conscious choice, a directors direction or an unconscious choice I'm not sure.  I've seen her in  other things and never noticed the woodiness though.

Lunkenstein

STRAIT-JACKET (1964) on Sven
THE APE MAN (1943)
Paul

Memphremagog

Hand Of Death(1952)
The Mummy's Shroud(1967)
Frankenstein Created Woman(1967)
Zombies Of Mora Tau(1957)
The Man Who Turned To Stone(1957)
DARK SHADOWS:

Mord

Funny hearing about Brie Larson' s wooden acting in "Captain Marvel". Didn't she win an Oscar a couple of years ago (not that that means anything)?