Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunkenstein

Paul

Mike Scott

Still watching movies not on DVD.

Paramount's MURDER BY THE CLOCK (1931) at YouTube

A rich old lady dies and is buried in the family crypt, outfitted with a siren to warn people, in case she ain't quite dead. Her nephew inherits and his wife schemes to get the money for herself.

Not a lot of mystery in this mystery. You pretty much are told who's knocking off who. Some secret passages and a creepy tomb add to the atmosphere.

William 'Stage' Boyd is the cop on the case. Lilyan Tashman wants that money! and Irving Pichel ("Dracula's Daughter") as the old lady's idiot son, who's idea of a good time is to stab or strangle someone.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 07, 2017, 11:35:24 AM
Still watching movies not on DVD.

Paramount's MURDER BY THE CLOCK (1931) at YouTube

A rich old lady dies and is buried in the family crypt, outfitted with a siren to warn people, in case she ain't quite dead. Her nephew inherits and his wife schemes to get the money for herself.

Not a lot of mystery in this mystery. You pretty much are told who's knocking off who. Some secret passages and a creepy tomb add to the atmosphere.

William 'Stage' Boyd is the cop on the case. Lilyan Tashman wants that money! and Irving Pichel ("Dracula's Daughter") as the old lady's idiot son, who's idea of a good time is to stab or strangle someone.

This is certainly an oldie, however, it needs a legit dvd release. :)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mike Scott

Quote from: Memphremagog on October 07, 2017, 02:37:35 PM
This is certainly an oldie, however, it needs a legit dvd release. :)

At least a "Vault" release. Universal owns these Paramount titles. They also need to release AMONG THE LIVING '41, THE MAD DOCTOR '41 and THE MAN IN HALF MOON STREET '45.
CREATURE FAN

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 07, 2017, 02:49:19 PM
At least a "Vault" release. Universal owns these Paramount titles. They also need to release AMONG THE LIVING '41, THE MAD DOCTOR '41 and THE MAN IN HALF MOON STREET '45.

I will take those other Paramount titles, but, I'm on the fence with MAN IN HALF MOON STREET. It makes MURDER BY THE CLOCK look like an action film...boring doesnt do it justice. :P
DARK SHADOWS:

Mike Scott

Quote from: Memphremagog on October 07, 2017, 03:31:44 PM
MAN IN HALF MOON STREET. It makes MURDER BY THE CLOCK look like an action film...boring doesnt do it justice. :P

I haven't seen it, but that's what I've heard. It (and Mad Dr.) ain't on YT, or Dailymotion for a preview.
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Marvel's Inhumans~watched the first two episodes; kept me entertained and looking forward to seeing where it goes.

marsattacks666

Night of the Living Dead-1968
Currently waiting to watch at the Alamo Drafthouse
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 07, 2017, 04:09:26 PM
I haven't seen it, but that's what I've heard. It (and Mad Dr.) ain't on YT, or Dailymotion for a preview.

I have THE MAD DOCTOR on a bootleg and I will tell you, it is a pretty good film. It would be worth transferring to a legit DVD or Blu ray.
DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

Mr.Sardonicus(1961)
Valley Of the Dragons(1961)
The 4D Man(1959)
Equinox(1970)
Bigfoot(1970)
DARK SHADOWS:

marsattacks666

Quote from: Memphremagog on October 07, 2017, 09:39:23 PM
Mr.Sardonicus(1961)
Valley Of the Dragons(1961)
The 4D Man(1959)
Equinox(1970)
Bigfoot(1970)

All great. Love me some Equinox. Criterion?

Anton Phibes

Land of the Minotaur
Horror Express
BBC Sherlock Holmes starring Peter Cushing: Hound of the Baskervilles episode

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

marsattacks666