Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 10, 2017, 11:59:19 AM
Love me some Blue Underground
Yep, BU consistently does good work.  ;)

They also brought back many of the Anchor Bay releases that have gone OOP.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Memphremagog

Face Of the Screaming Werewolf(1959)
Mill Of the Stone Women(1960)
Exorcism(1974)
Spanish Dracula(1931)
El Vampiro(1957)
Kong: Skull Island(2017)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Memphremagog

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 10, 2017, 05:58:31 PM
What did you think?

It was great old school monster stuff..and nicely sets the stage for things to come..one of those things being KING KING VS GODZILLA in 2020..it referenced the Godzilla film a good deal and the after credits scenes leaves no doubt as to where we are at.. :)
DARK SHADOWS:

horrorhunter

Quote from: Memphremagog on March 10, 2017, 06:01:15 PM
It was great old school monster stuff..and nicely sets the stage for things to come..one of those things being KING KING VS GODZILLA in 2020..it referenced the Godzilla film a good deal and the after credits scenes leaves no doubt as to where we are at.. :)
From what I've gathered this Kong is supposed to be 100' tall. Any idea how they expect it to be a fight against the new G who is so much bigger, or are they leaving that up in the air for now?
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Memphremagog

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 10, 2017, 06:15:38 PM
From what I've gathered this Kong is supposed to be 100' tall. Any idea how they expect it to be a fight against the new G who is so much bigger, or are they leaving that up in the air for now?

He's at least 100 feet tall..absolutely massive and in this instance(as it is set a few decades ago) he is stated to be still adolescent, so I think he will be even bigger by the time of his confrontation with Godzilla
DARK SHADOWS:

horrorhunter

Quote from: Memphremagog on March 10, 2017, 06:23:44 PM
He's at least 100 feet tall..absolutely massive and in this instance(as it is set a few decades ago) he is stated to be still adolescent, so I think he will be even bigger by the time of his confrontation with Godzilla
They'd better work out something for it because the 2014 G is 355' tall and the square/cube law being as it is a 100' Kong would be like a small child trying to fight a 300 lb wrestler. Kong would need super powers for it to be a contest. The problem is that it's Godzilla who is the living nuclear reactor with regeneration and a mouthful of T-Rex type teeth. Maybe they will finagle some sort of plot device to give Kong a chance. I hope they make it logical enough to be fun without being silly. What is quaint and charming from the Monsterkid '60s would fail miserably in today's hyper-critical fanboy environment.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

zombiehorror

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 10, 2017, 06:15:38 PM

Ever heard of Davey and Goliath? Ha.  Being smaller may give Kong the advantage with more agility and making a smaller target for Godzilla to aim at; Kong can get close enough climb up Godzilla and poke his eyes out with a sharp stick...or flag pole.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 10, 2017, 06:37:55 PM
They'd better work out something for it because the 2014 G is 355' tall and the square/cube law being as it is a 100' Kong would be like a small child trying to fight a 300 lb wrestler. Kong would need super powers for it to be a contest. The problem is that it's Godzilla who is the living nuclear reactor with regeneration and a mouthful of T-Rex type teeth. Maybe they will finagle some sort of plot device to give Kong a chance. I hope they make it logical enough to be fun without being silly. What is quaint and charming from the Monsterkid '60s would fail miserably in today's hyper-critical fanboy environment.

https://youtu.be/dxNidpRNA0g
ADAM

horrorhunter

Quote from: zombiehorror on March 10, 2017, 09:40:33 PM
Ever heard of Davey and Goliath? Ha.  Being smaller may give Kong the advantage with more agility and making a smaller target for Godzilla to aim at; Kong can get close enough climb up Godzilla and poke his eyes out with a sharp stick...or flag pole.
That stick better be pretty sharp.  :laugh:

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Horror Express (1972)

It's Alive (1969)

Night Fright (1967)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...