DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mord

Quote from: Memphremagog on February 06, 2017, 02:05:46 PM
Blair Witch(2016)
The Boy(2016)
The Witch(2015)
I saw "The Witch" in the theater and was impressed at how authentic it looked. It dragged in spots, though. I'm curious about what your views on the film.

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mord on February 07, 2017, 10:33:26 AM
I saw "The Witch" in the theater and was impressed at how authentic it looked. It dragged in spots, though. I'm curious about what your views on the film.

I thought it had a very realistic feel to it with the sets and language used in the story. I agree that it did get a bit slow in places but I thought it was a nice touch the way both  the witches' sabbat and the Devil were portrayed in the film. Low-key but effective as opposed to to the usual blood & gore that most horror films automatically go for. Good effort all around for the most part.
DARK SHADOWS:

horrorhunter

The Thirsty Dead (1974)

The Swamp Of The Ravens (1974)

The Thirsty Dead is like a bad TV flick with the ever-present Vic Diaz being the best thing about this Philippino production.

The Swamp Of The Ravens on the other hand is some very twisted and entertaining Spanish Horror starring Ramiro Oliveros and Fernando Sancho. Stuart Gordon aped a bunch of this stuff for Re-Animator and even borrowed the "two possibilities" thing for the main character in Dagon. The Swamp Of The Ravens is highly recommended for Eurohorror fans who like edgy atmospheric content (and can tolerate bad music  ;D).

The Something Weird DVD also packs some cool extras including grindhouse/drive-in trailers, an ep of 13 Demon Street, and a slideshow of several Eerie Pubs and Stanley monster mag covers with music by The Dead Elvi.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Memphremagog

Not Of This Earth(1957)
The Uninvited(1944)
Attack Of the Crab Monsters(1957)
DARK SHADOWS:

Monsters For Sale

Flesh of Frankenstein, 1973 - Not as funny as I remembered.
Blood of Dracula, 1974 - Not as bloody as I remembered.

Dr. Frankenstein and Dracula were played by the same actor.  (He made a much better Dracula.)

Dr. Frankenstein's assistant and the "Renfro"-like character were also played by the same actor.  (He made a better "Renfro".)

The ladies were all lovely.
ADAM

Memphremagog

Voodoo Island(1957)
The Flesh & the Fiends(1959)
The Flying Serpent(1946)
The Pharoah's Curse(1957)
The Wolfman(2010)
DARK SHADOWS:

horrorhunter

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 09, 2017, 10:57:43 AM
Blood of Dracula - Not as bloody as I remembered.

Dr. Frankenstein and Dracula were played by the same actor.  (He made a much better Dracula.)

Dr. Frankenstein's assistant and the "Renfro"-like character were also played by the same actor.  (He made a better "Renfro".)

Udo Kier

He was also in Mark Of The Devil (1970), Suspiria (1977), and LOTS more. His listing of credits on IMDb is vast.

I really enjoy Flesh For Frankenstein and Blood For Dracula. Big fun and really wild for their time, rated X! *whoooo*  :laugh:

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Memphremagog

The Witches(1966)
Dan Curtis' Dracula(1974)
Prehistoric Women(1966)
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed!(1969)
DARK SHADOWS:

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Weird Woman(1944)
Indestructible Man(1956)
Spider Baby(1964)
DARK SHADOWS:

Howler

"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

Memphremagog

Dead Men Walk(1943)
My Bloody Valentine(2009)
Dracula Has Risen From the Grave(1968)
Dracula(1931)
Scream and Scream Again(1970)
DARK SHADOWS:

Lunkenstein

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 09, 2017, 10:57:43 AM
Blood of Dracula, 1974 - Not as bloody as I remembered.

I saw both of those first run and remember laughing hysterically (the herbal supplement likely played a part too). My girlfriend at the time and her sister were with me and I think I embarrassed  them by laughing so hard.  FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN was in 3-D at our showing. I was 19 at the time and haven't seen them since, so it would be interesting to give them a look again sometime.
Paul

horrorhunter

The Indestructible Man (1956)

Body Bags (1993)

ALWAYS MONSTERING...