Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

I think it may be a foreign (European) movie?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 04, 2016, 10:39:33 PM
I think it may be a foreign (European) movie?
Foreign?  Could it be " Irreversible " ? 

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on August 04, 2016, 11:15:37 PM
Foreign?  Could it be " Irreversible " ?

I don't think so, but my recollection of the movie is so bad I'm not sure if reading a synopsis will help.
CREATURE FAN

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 04, 2016, 11:44:03 PM
I don't think so, but my recollection of the movie is so bad I'm not sure if reading a synopsis will help.
It's a French film about a girl who gets brutally raped and gets more than her share of revenge. One of the most distinctive elements of the film is that the story plays out backwards.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on August 04, 2016, 11:57:20 PM
It's a French film about a girl who gets brutally raped and gets more than her share of revenge. One of the most distinctive elements of the film is that the story plays out backwards.

Is it, Repulsion(1965)?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 05, 2016, 12:07:26 AM
Is it, Repulsion(1965)?
The one I mentioned was " Irreversible ". I'm not sure about "Repulsion", though, it is a great film. That one is fifty years old or so. Are we going that far back, Mike?

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on August 04, 2016, 11:57:20 PM
One of the most distinctive elements of the film is that the story plays out backwards.

You know, that kinda rings a bell! Maybe that is it?
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on August 05, 2016, 12:20:24 AM
The one I mentioned was " Irreversible ". I'm not sure about "Repulsion", though, it is a great film. That one is fifty years old or so. Are we going that far back, Mike?

Sorry. I did not see the title. :(
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 05, 2016, 12:38:02 AM
You know, that kinda rings a bell! Maybe that is it?
I think that I do remember a train or train station being in it. Check it out. It was very controversial when it first came out (10 years or less ago). People either loved it or loathed it ( no in-between)

marsattacks666

marsattacks666

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 05, 2016, 06:06:31 AM
The 0ld Dark H○use (1932)
Unique little creepfest. I love Thesiger's potato obsession.  Karloff's mumbling, brutish Butler was the original "Lurch". Great film.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on August 05, 2016, 08:43:10 AM
Unique little creepfest. I love Thesiger's potato obsession.  Karloff's mumbling, brutish Butler was the original "Lurch". Great film.

I have to admit. This is the first I sat and watch the entire film. Usually I could not. Better viewing this time.

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 05, 2016, 11:49:16 AM
I have to admit. This is the first I sat and watch the entire film. Usually I could not. Better viewing this time.
You have to be patient with these ancient little gems. They moved at a different pace than we do now.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on August 05, 2016, 11:55:43 AM
You have to be patient with these ancient little gems. They moved at a different pace than we do now.

I know. But I was really young when I last watched This Old Dark House.