Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howler

"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

geezer butler

The Tomb of Ligeia (1964)

The Gorgon (1964)

Werewolf versus the Vampire Woman (1971)

Mord

"Wolf Cop" - Never got past the 20 minute mark. Waaaay too goofy for me.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gory Glenn

Dawn of the Dead. Man, this film looks amazing on Blu-ray!

Mord

It's such a great film, I'd even settle for a rough VHS copy.

Mord

"Compound Fracture" - Current supernatural horror film. Not great, but it did have Daniel Roebuck in it.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on April 05, 2015, 01:53:46 PM
"Wolf Cop" - Never got past the 20 minute mark. Waaaay too goofy for me.

Ha! I saw the poster for this movie at Monsterpalooza. Even though I've never seen it I'd have to say your assessment sounds accurate.  :D

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gory Glenn

Day of the Dead. Howard Sherman's performance as Bub reminded me so much of Karloff. Not in acting style but in the fact that he brought the same kind of humanity to Bub that Karloff did to Frankenstein's Monster. When was the last time you actually cared what happened to a zombie? I was so disappointed when Bub didn't return in Land of the Dead. Bub is worth a dozen Big Daddy's.

Mord

I agree, Glenn, Bub is a very memorable Zombie performance (maybe the best on film). I just watched Hammer's "Curse of Frankenstein" - great film from start to finish.

marsattacks666

Night of the Living Dead ( 1968, 1990)
Blackenstein

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on April 08, 2015, 07:25:31 PM
I agree, Glenn, Bub is a very memorable Zombie performance (maybe the best on film). I just watched Hammer's "Curse of Frankenstein" - great film from start to finish.

Love "Curse of Frankenstein". It's my favorite Hammer film followed by Horror of Dracula.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: marsattacks666 on April 08, 2015, 08:43:07 PM
Night of the Living Dead ( 1968, 1990)
Blackenstein

NOTLD 1990 is so underrated. I thought Tom Savini did a fantastic job with that film and Tony Todd was a great choice for the lead. And the twist on the ending was perfect.

Mord

Quote from: Gory Glenn on April 08, 2015, 09:28:58 PM
NOTLD 1990 is so underrated. I thought Tom Savini did a fantastic job with that film and Tony Todd was a great choice for the lead. And the twist on the ending was perfect.
Savini was completely respectful of the original and delivered a fine remake. Tony Todd was excellent, as always (Candyman is one of my faves).