Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 13, 2015, 08:13:06 PM
KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park

Nice, love this movie. Best part is when they fight the robot universal monsters. I used to have VHS copy, but i think now the only way to get this on dvd is through the Kissology set. I gotta get that.

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on February 14, 2015, 09:47:44 PM
Nice, love this movie. Best part is when they fight the robot universal monsters. I used to have VHS copy, but i think now the only way to get this on dvd is through the Kissology set. I gotta get that.

Most definitely. Great DVD set. Btw....if this the real Geezer Butler? I footage of your band and KISS together. Very cool.
Two classic bands.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

neonnoodle

I'm not sure if this is true, but I read in one of the Amazon reviews that the version on the Kissology set is a shorter version, with scenes missing.  I went ahead and bought a VHS of the film, on the basis of that.  (I've shown the film to a couple of people who had never seen it, and they were very...oh, I guess "surprised" is a good word.)
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

marsattacks666

Quote from: neonnoodle on February 14, 2015, 11:42:17 PM
I'm not sure if this is true, but I read in one of the Amazon reviews that the version on the Kissology set is a shorter version, with scenes missing.  I went ahead and bought a VHS of the film, on the basis of that.  (I've shown the film to a couple of people who had never seen it, and they were very...oh, I guess "surprised" is a good word.)

Actually the version featured on KISSOLOGY is the Theatrical release. Only shown in Europe. I have several versions/formats of the film. But.....the KISSOLOGY version is not necessarily shorter. Just a different version. More like a directors cut. The KISSOLOGY version also has an added soundtrack. ( Please excuse me. KISS nerd, here. Lol)
I really dig the version on the KISSOLOGY box set.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

WnewCreatureFeatures

marsattacks666

neonnoodle

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 15, 2015, 12:14:56 AM
I really dig the version on the KISSOLOGY box set.

Hmm, I may need to check that out, then!

scarey1scd

Just watched BLOOD OF GHASTLY HORROR
and finally watched FREAKS for the first time.
Do you know where you are, Bartolome? I'll tell you where you are. You are about to enter Hell, Bartolome, HELL!...

neonnoodle

Mord

Annabelle - Never liked "The Conjuring", but this was more entertaining, IMO.

Wicked Lester

Quote from: WnewCreatureFeatures on February 11, 2015, 11:24:11 PM
The 100

a television show about survivors of a post apocalyptic earth ,

one group survived the centuries it took for the earth to cleanse itself in a space station / ark ,

another survived in an underground mountain fortress

and the last were survivors who de-evolved into barbarian clans when they were left to fen for themselves on the surface of a poisoned earth

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out.

geezer butler

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 14, 2015, 10:20:47 PM

Most definitely. Great DVD set. Btw....if this the real Geezer Butler? I footage of your band and KISS together. Very cool.
Two classic bands.

Lol, no not the real Geezer here. I did meet him a couple of times which was super cool. Kiss and Sabbath together? What kind of footage? I know Sabbath and Kiss toured together in '76 i think. Can you imagine BTW how sick that would have been?! When I was four yrs old, my dad took me to the Black and Blue show (Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult). We went to 1979 Kiss/Cheap Trick show at the Silverdome in Pontiac (Detroit). Saw Alice  a few times in 80s too.

Mord

John Wick  - Not horror, but a great action/revenge flick. I can't believe I'd ever be recommending a Keanu film. His acting hasn't improved, but this film doesn't really require it.

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on February 15, 2015, 03:03:20 PM
Lol, no not the real Geezer here. I did meet him a couple of times which was super cool. Kiss and Sabbath together? What kind of footage? I know Sabbath and Kiss toured together in '76 i think. Can you imagine BTW how sick that would have been?! When I was four yrs old, my dad took me to the Black and Blue show (Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult). We went to 1979 Kiss/Cheap Trick show at the Silverdome in Pontiac (Detroit). Saw Alice  a few times in 80s too.

Very cool.

zombiehorror

The Strain~Finally watched some of these, episodes 2-9.  It's enjoyable, nothing groundbreaking though and some parts are a little contrived.  Noticed Rick Baker buying some alcohol and then being taken out by one of the infected in episode 8.