Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Lester

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Watched "Nude Nuns with Big Guns" again. It has a repulsive amount of gratuitous female nudity. If I see another pair of exposed breasts, I'm going to faint.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on March 09, 2014, 11:15:10 AM
Watched "Nude Nuns with Big Guns" again. It has a repulsive amount of gratuitous female nudity. If I see another pair of exposed breasts, I'm going to faint.

Cover those up, Thteve! You thilly boy.  :D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

I do believe I have the vapors....thud (Mord out)

McDougals House of Horror

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 08, 2014, 11:04:18 PM
The Haunting Of Morella (1990)
I'm not as scathing as many are on this flick. It's just a fun, low budget, Poe inspired effort with lots of nudity and some gore. Wynorski's direction is a bit better on this than some of the things he has cranked out over the years. It beats the hell out of his Vampirella, but that isn't saying much.

Plus it features David McCallum, my favorite Outer Limits creature from "The Sixth Finger". Here's his reaction to evolving into the future of man and then seeing the Kardashians...

"Do you know what I've got in those crates?"

Mord

McCallum was also great in his other Outer Limits episode, "The Forms of Things Unknown" (very creepy & dream-like episode). It was originally intended as a pilot for an Outer Limits spin-off series called "The Unknown". I would love to see what they would have done with that.

jimm

Hulu had the whole series for free a while back. Outstanding, the Outer Limits that is!

Mord

Quote from: jimm on March 09, 2014, 01:41:48 PM
Hulu had the whole series for free a while back. Outstanding, the Outer Limits that is!
Yes, it's the one series from my childhood that haunts me the most today. The writing was brilliant.

horrorhunter

Quote from: McDougals House of Horror on March 09, 2014, 01:21:19 PM
Plus it features David McCallum, my favorite Outer Limits creature from "The Sixth Finger". Here's his reaction to evolving into the future of man and then seeing the Kardashians...

Yep, McCallum was always good in anything. His character in the Morella movie is quite disheveled and paranoid. Best acting in the flick by far.

The Outer Limits is my favorite TV show, and Architects Of Fear is my favorite episode. Many episodes were by Seeleg Lester as writer or story consultant. That odd name always stuck with me from the credits since I saw them as a monsterbrat.

Here's The Control Voice just 'cause it's cool.  8)
The Outer Limits OST-The Control Voice (Long Version)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

McDougals House of Horror

I'm watching 2-3 episodes of OL per day so that I can see all 49 episodes in a short span and really nail down my favorites. But it's not easy, since almost all of them are great! It also made me get out my Bubbles Inc. card set from '64, and boy what an awesome concept that was...50 colorized OL monster close-ups. I remember collecting these as a kid and marveling at the vivid colors of those creatures (of course they were only B&W on our television set which was being manipulated by the Control Voice). Here are the cards for those who aren't familiar with them...

"Do you know what I've got in those crates?"

horrorhunter

Quote from: McDougals House of Horror on March 09, 2014, 02:12:49 PM
I'm watching 2-3 episodes of OL per day so that I can see all 49 episodes in a short span and really nail down my favorites. But it's not easy, since almost all of them are great! It also made me get out my Bubbles Inc. card set from '64, and boy what an awesome concept that was...50 colorized OL monster close-ups. I remember collecting these as a kid and marveling at the vivid colors of those creatures (of course they were only B&W on our television set which, of course, was being manipulated by the Control Voice. Here are the cards for those who aren't familiar with them...

That is one of the absolute best monster trading card sets. I bought my set from a guy advertising in The Wrapper a few years ago. I never had them as a kid and when I first got the set I was like WTF? when I read the storylines on the cards which has nothing to do with the original episodes concerning that monster. But that only adds to their charm. As much as I love the OL cards my favorite monster trading card set is still that first You'll Die Laughing (Funny Monsters) set by Jack Davis. Those are unequalled in my eyes.

As soon as I finish my Thriller binge I'm going to watch all of the Outer Limits episodes again. Really looking forward to it since I haven't watched them through in a few years.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Zackuth

Quote from: chrisguyver on March 08, 2014, 11:46:41 PM
Phantom of the opera (1925)

I was presently surprised on how much i liked it. Lon Chaney does a great Job as the phantom. I'm now in search for the 1930 rerelease with added music if any one can help me out that be great.

Just out of curiosity, why were you surprised how much you liked Chaney's Phantom of the Opera?  I'm not being judgemental or anything like that, just curious.
"Listen to them; the children of the night.  What music they make!"  Dracula

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

chrisguyver

Quote from: Zackuth on March 09, 2014, 07:43:03 PM
Just out of curiosity, why were you surprised how much you liked Chaney's Phantom of the Opera?  I'm not being judgemental or anything like that, just curious.

Reason being I've never seen a silent movie before so I thought I'd get board watching it and on top of that I watched it with my wife and was afraid she'd also get board watching it but to my surprise we both loved it. Lon Chaney does such a great job and his face make up in my opinion is one of the best especially for that time period. So now I'm looking for the release of it want it on vhs but it seems hard to track down.