Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphremagog

The Woman Who Came Back(1945)
The Devil Bat(1940)
The Return Of Dr.X(1939)
Bite Me!(2004)
Doctor Who: The Stolen Earth/Journey's End(2008)
Cowboys and Aliens(2011)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: A Family Portrait  (1988)~Cool documentary with interviews from John Dugan, Jim Siedow, Edwin Neal and Gunnar Hansen detailing the hell that was the filming of TCM

Vampire Lovers~I don't this one needs a review, although if you haven't seen it....What the hell are you waiting for?

Zombiethon (1986)~One of those compilation flicks that popped up quite a bit back in the day;  This one obviously comprised of the most gruesome zombie scenes from films like; Zombi, Zombie Lake, A Virgin Among the Living Dead, etc. spliced between odd little clips of chicks being chased by guys in cheap Halloween masks....I mean scary flesh-eating zombies!

All available on Netflix Watch Instant!

RedKing

Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

slayergriffith

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964) - Honestly, i think it is almost impossible to not like this film. I know ALOT of people dislike this film, but really like it. I think it is a must see for B-movie Fans. This movie is now my new Holiday Tradition!!!
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

House of the Wolfman (2009) gave it another shot....

Count_Zirock

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Fester

Quote from: Scatter on December 11, 2011, 06:37:15 PM
Big Lots, here I come!! I've never seen either of these and have wanted to forever! What's your review Dave?

Attack of the Puppet People Pretty darned good.  Old man makes dolls--even had a plastic molding machine in an LA office building.  Nearby people keep disappearing, and he has a line of extra realistic dolls. Thanks to a shrink ray based on a--get this-- slide projector.  The newly made dolls don't really like whats going on so they plot an escape. Lots of stuff seems to be lifted from The Incredible Shrinking Man While filled with plot holes and implausible lines, it is great fun.  I especially like the in-joke during the drive in scene (won't reveal--gotta see it).

Village of the Giants  It is great.  Picture it: 1968. Group of teen rebels led by Beau Bridges wreck their car outside a small town. They decide to squat in an abandoned theater and give the local kids a hard time.  Local kids include; Tommy Kirk and Johnny Crawford (still wearing his cowboy hat from The Rifleman!  Local kid genius complete with Crayola red hair and Mr Peabody glasses (Ronny Howard) invents "goop" a substance that creates giant dogs, geese, spiders, and eventually--giant teen rebels.  Hilarity and dramatic tension ensues as the local teens rescue themselves and the grownups from the giant kids-all to the music of The Beau Brummels.

Both must be seen to be really appreciated.  Definitely worth more than the $1.88 price tag.  I would have paid up to $14.95--they are part of the MGM Midnite Movies Double Feature series.

marsattacks666

RedKing

Quote from: slayergriffith on December 12, 2011, 09:39:30 PM
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964) - Honestly, i think it is almost impossible to not like this film. I know ALOT of people dislike this film, but really like it. I think it is a must see for B-movie Fans. This movie is now my new Holiday Tradition!!!

I couldn't agree more-this is my favorite Christmas movie!

The Mummy's Tomb
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

The Invisible Woman

Dr. Phibes Rises Again (1972). I love it just as much as The Abominable Dr. Phibes.
"The whole world's my hiding place."

frankenstein73

Cowboys and aliens, pretty decent.
Fright night ( 2011) absolutely hated it.
Tucker and dale vs. Evil, the best show to come out this year!
Mirabile dictu,don't you agree?

Moonshadow

Quote from: Fester on December 13, 2011, 12:50:42 PM
Village of the Giants  It is great.  Picture it: 1968. Group of teen rebels led by Beau Bridges wreck their car outside a small town. They decide to squat in an abandoned theater and give the local kids a hard time.  Local kids include; Tommy Kirk and Johnny Crawford (still wearing his cowboy hat from The Rifleman!  Local kid genius complete with Crayola red hair and Mr Peabody glasses (Ronny Howard) invents "goop" a substance that creates giant dogs, geese, spiders, and eventually--giant teen rebels.  Hilarity and dramatic tension ensues as the local teens rescue themselves and the grownups from the giant kids-all to the music of The Beau Brummels.

Both must be seen to be really appreciated.  Definitely worth more than the $1.88 price tag.  I would have paid up to $14.95--they are part of the MGM Midnite Movies Double Feature series.

But Dave, how could you forget about the giant chicks go-go dancing, and one of the local boys hanging on for dear life to a bikini? I'm sure that's what Scatter wants to hear about!

Memphremagog

Rise Of the Planet Of the Apes(2011)
Fright Night(2011)
Doctor Who: Planet Of the Dead(2009)
The Raven(1963)
The Creeping Flesh(1972)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."