Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

ramsey37

This week I've watched:
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1" 2010 (a worthy addition to a great movie series)
"Beauty and the Beast" 1992 (I have a soft spot for Disney, especially this one. It was my daughter's favorite movie when she was a wee tot)
"The Outer Limits" episodes #21-32
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Memphremagog

Doctor Who: Battlefield(1989)
Exorcist II: The Heretic(1977)
Equinox(1970)
Bubba Ho-Tep(2003)
P2(2007)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

slayergriffith

Star Wars (1977)
The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Fiend without a face (1958)
Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981)
Return of the Jedi (1983)
Night of the Blood Beast (1958)
The Lost Boys: The Thrist (2010)
The Demon (1979)...better than what most people say about it.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

typhooforme

Yesterday I watched THE GORGON (1964), one of the less-talked-about Hammer flicks.  It's one of the handful of movies that featured both Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee--and the beautiful Barbara Shelley is the leading lady.  People turning to stone, always a treat!  And one victim has time to write a three-page letter AS he turns!  Lots of fun.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

marsattacks666

Scatter

Witchfinder General.............now officially my least favorite Vincent Price movie.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

BaronNightshade

'BATMAN : Behind The Red Hood', terrific animated feature film.
'SUPERMAN BATMAN : Public Enemies', a respectable riff on what the current state of affairs is.
'SUPERMAN : DOOMSDAY', an enjoyable film baised upon the comics, much better than the novel.
'Lord Of The Rings : Fellowship Of The Ring', two disk set - we all know it is terrific.

Next up : LOTR The Two Towers and The Return Of The King.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Scatter on November 27, 2010, 04:56:06 PM
Witchfinder General.............now officially my least favorite Vincent Price movie.

Wow, really!

HeyRed2

Good evening,  I was looking for Quatermass and the Pit on Amazon and wow!  I discovered that others had ordered "It Came From Outer Space" so I read some reviews and realized I had the DVD... it's pretty zany but I love em!

Scatter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 30, 2010, 04:25:14 PM

Wow, really!

Just some dude on horseback running between the army and the chick being abused back home. Why not take her AWAY, you imbecile? I didn't make it through the movie.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

marsattacks666

Quote from: Scatter on November 30, 2010, 09:52:46 PM
Just some dude on horseback running between the army and the chick being abused back home. Why not take her AWAY, you imbecile? I didn't make it through the movie.

Please, watch it again. It starts slow, but, very interesting to watch......and not in the least an
overrated movie.

ramsey37

The last few days I've watched:
"Clash of the Titans" 2010 (mediocre remake of the Harryhausen classic)
"The Return of Dracula" 1958 (mildly entertaining but rather goofy. Francis Lederer is no Bela Lugosi, but he gives it his all. He would make one other appearance as Count Dracula, which leads me to....)
"Night Gallery" episode "A Question of Fear/The Devil is Not Mocked" (The first story stars the late lamented Leslie Nielsen, while in the second story Francis Lederer returns as Dracula, teaching some Nazis that even monsters can be patriots)
"The Vampire"1957 (silly but entertaining sci-fi take on the vampire legend)
"The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" 2001 (still one of the best fantasy movies ever made)
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

RedKing

Quote from: Scatter on November 27, 2010, 04:56:06 PM
I agree Scatter-I think this movie is a terrible dreary affair totally unsuited to Vincent Price's persona. Price was terribly miscast here. I know a lot of people revere this film, but I really do not like it.

I picked up several Mill Creek multi movie packs recently and have been watching them. So far I have watched:
Bride of the Gorilla
Monstrosity
She Demons
Black Dragons
Sound of Horror with the badly missed Ingrid Pitt
Devil's Partner
Attack of the Giant Leeches
Monstroid (aka Monster-late 70s Gianr Lake Monster shenanigans in Colombia based on a true story(Sure!) with John Carradine)
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!