Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorpus

BaronLatos35

- Spanish Version of Dracula (Lupita Tovar and the very cool camera work make this a favorite)

- Dracula's Daughter (A worthy sequel, Gloria Holden makes a good vampire)

- Son of Dracula (Chaney's portrayal grows on me with each viewing. Great setting and use of shadows)

Dracula week in full effect...
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Phantom Stranger

My 31 Nights Of Halloween Celebration continues with:

"A Nightmare On Elm Street: The Inside Story"

Excellent four hour documentary on the original "Elm Street" franchise.
Extensive interviews with damn near every actor who had a speaking part (notable exceptions: Johnny Depp, Patricia Arquette,Laurence "Larry" Fishburne) as well as with all the directors, screen writers and producers who had a hand in shaping the series.
If your a fan of franchise, see this documentary.

Also watched

"A Nightmare On Elm Street" (1984)

The first and still the best. I didn't even bother with the remake. I saw no reason too.The original is a modern era classic.

Phantom Stranger

My 31 Nights Of Halloween Celebration Continues with:

"Nosferatu" (1922)

Every time I see this movie, I am amazed by it. The film still has not lost any of it's thrills.
A true horror classic

BaronNightshade

Like Phantom Stranger i watched 'Nosferatu' last night, it was a diffrent version than i had seen before, the text cards were better and the music score was perfect.
I have two DVD versions of it, one with colored Gels and Industrial Goth Music that make the film drag slowly because it does not reflect the actions on the screen and a few weeks ago i got a cruder Black & White version with a respectable Organ music score, but the version broadcast on TCM last night was the very best, it flew on times wings from beginning to end.

MDG

The Dybbuk (DER DIBUK, Michael Waszynski, Poland 1937, 110 min., Yiddish with subtitles)

In a Polish shtetl, two young men vow to marry their yet unborn children together. When the promise is broken years later, it unleashes a curse that leads to a young maiden becoming possessed by an evil spirit. A rare example of Yiddish cinema, this rich and atmospheric tale serves as a ghost story on more than one level: most of its talented cast of Yiddish Theater veterans died in Nazi death camps in the years immediately following the film's release.
MDG

Opera Ghost

"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

The Creeper

Halloween 3 Season of the Witch

Disney's  Ichabod and Mister Toad.
Long live the UMA!

BaronNightshade

'Season Of The Witch' was a good one, it is a pitty they called it 'Halloween 3' it should have stood on it's own merits.

Opera Ghost

Quote from: The Creeper on October 25, 2010, 02:30:15 PM
Halloween 3 Season of the Witch

Disney's  Ichabod and Mister Toad.

I've had this on backorder at Deep discount for a month. Where did you find it?
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

RICKH

Count Yorga, Vampire.  I had always wanted to see this, but it had eluded me.  I've gotta say that I really liked it.  Robert Quarry was excellent as the Count. The semi-documentary style coupled with the 70's So. California setting made for an entertaining and effective movie.  In some ways it made me think of the first Night Stalker movie.
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)

Phantom Stranger

My 31 Nights Of Halloween Continues with:

"Dracula's Daughter" (1936)
                             -Gloria Holden

First sequel to Universal's classic "Dracula"(1931)
Creepy, atmospheric, and filmed on those great Universal backlots.
A great little film.

And

"The Hound Of The Baskervilles" (1939)
                                              -Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce

The first and the best of the Rathbone-Bruce series of Sherlock Holmes films. Wonderfully acted, good creepy atmosphere and a superior story.
One of the best movie mysteries.

Phantom Stranger

My 31 Nights Of Halloween continue with"

"Return Of The Vampire" (1944)
                                        -Bela Lugosi

Plot: IMDB
When an errant bomb unearths the coffin of a vampire during the London Blitz, a gravedigger unknowingly reanimates the monster by removing the stake from his heart

Phantom's Review: Bela Lugosi's unofficial "Dracula" movie. He plays the count in everything but name and does a damn fine job at it, the rest of the movie is a fun creepy little movie, not really a classic but very entertaining.

Memphremagog

Session 9(2001)
Thriller: La Strega(1962)
Doctor Who: The Green Death(1973)
Paranormal Activity 2(2010)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Memphremagog on October 26, 2010, 08:09:47 AM
Session 9(2001)
Thriller: La Strega(1962)
Doctor Who: The Green Death(1973)
Paranormal Activity 2(2010)

How did you like PA 2?